Assistant Chaplain, College of the Holy Cross
About College of the Holy Cross:
Founded in 1843 in Worcester, Massachusetts, the College of the Holy Cross is among the nation’s leading liberal arts institutions. A highly selective, four-year, exclusively undergraduate college of 2,900 students, Holy Cross is renowned for offering a rigorous, personalized education in the Jesuit, Catholic tradition.
Holy Cross highly values the unique skills, perspective, talents and passion that each employee contributes to its learning community. To work at The College is to accept an invitation to participate in the growth and development of all campus members–students, faculty and staff. The College’s commitment to diversity is an important feature of the Holy Cross education. Informed by the presence of diverse interpretations of the human experience, Holy Cross is building a community marked by freedom, mutual respect, and civility. We seek others who support our values of diversity and inclusiveness. Job candidates of all diverse backgrounds who embrace the open and inclusive culture of Holy Cross are welcome and encouraged to apply.
Responsible for coordinating chaplain outreach to athletics. Oversee one international immersion annually. General Chaplain duties including retreat work, pastoral care, small group faith sharing and spiritual direction with a particular competence in working with students from traditionally under-represented communities.
Major Areas of Responsibility
Coordinate an established program of outreach to athletic teams.
- Meet with coaches and representatives of athletic department to discuss opportunities for spiritual programs for athletes.
- Coordinate facilitation of programs for athletic teams at the Joyce Contemplative Center with other chaplains.
- Facilitate programs for athletes.
- Support Athletes Bible Study (ABS)
Lead one international immersion trip annually
- Recruit and select participants.
- Prepare students for trip and lead follow up reflection.
- Travel with students for 7-10 days in program led by partner agency.
- Lead or co-lead 2 student retreats annually including one for multicultural student group
General Chaplain responsibilities of pastoral care, small group faith sharing, and hospitality with a particular focus on students from traditionally under-represented communities.
- Master of Divinity or equivalent
- Demonstrated multicultural competence
- Experience with immersion programs
- Experience leading small group faith sharing
- Familiar with Ignatian spirituality
- Experienced with Excel
- Bilingual a plus
This is an Exempt level position.
The College is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and complies with all Federal and Massachusetts laws concerning Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action in the workplace.
A member of the Higher Education Consortium of Central Massachusetts (HECCMA).
To review our Employee Benefit Options, please go to: https://www.holycross.edu/human-resources/benefits
Please attach resume and cover letter.
In your cover letter, please reflect on how you might contribute to the College’s commitment to diversity and inclusion, and to its mission as a Jesuit, undergraduate liberal arts college (see http://holycross.edu/diversity).
Should you be a candidate for further consideration after hiring manager review, you will be contacted by a human resources representative.
To apply, visit http://apptrkr.com/1221482