Case Manager at Juvenile Court Restorative Justice Diversion: Lowell, MA
Title: Case Manager
Reports to: Executive Director
Status: Full Time
Salary: $35,000 Annually ($17,500 July 1, 2014 – December 31, 2014)
Description: This position provides direct case management services through a restorative justice diversion program for Juvenile Court cases. Restorative Justice is a values-based process that encourages voluntary engagement between parties after a criminal act to assess needs and create a plan for accountability and support. This program is available to first time juvenile offenders who are charged with a misdemeanor or low level felony. For more information: www.
The Case Manager is responsible for establishing a professional and supportive first contact for those connected to our cases. This includes all communication surrounding the preparation of cases, restorative meeting, follow through, and reporting. The Case Manager also assists the Executive Director in all program management and grant administration. The position will begin July 1, 2014.
Case Manager Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
Operations and Management
- Organize case meetings, send correspondence to parties, follow up with Reparation Agreements.
- Preparation and debrief with RJ facilitator. Case Manager will keep monthly reports and manage cases.
- Written summary of case meetings and outcomes.
- Manage the Youth Facilitators, including: scheduling, evaluating and invoicing.
- Weekly updates to social media/website.
Communication with Partners
- Communicate with foundations and community partners about JCRJD.
- Work with ED to complete financial and programmatic reports for grant partners.
- Coordinate, write and publish monthly e-newsletter to donors and partners.
Build Relationships in the Community
- Attend monthly school-court meetings with Executive Director at Lowell Juvenile Court. Brief written summary of each meeting.
- Occasional speaking opportunities.
Qualifications and Requirements for the Position:
- Experience in social service setting with working knowledge of case management systems and restorative justice.
- Experience working with a Juvenile Court System or at-risk youth.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Adobe, Quickbooks and willing to learn other web-based communication tools such as Constant Contact, Mail Chimp, eTapestry and Sales Force.