Interim Sunday School Superintendent; Worcester, MA
Wesley United Methodist Church,
114 Main Street, Worcester MA
JOB POSTING & DESCRIPTION
INTERIM Sunday School Superintendent
April 1, 2014 to July 1, 2014
Wesley United Methodist Church is seeking an Interim Sunday School Superintendent. The position is part-time (10hours/week) with primary responsibilities on Sunday mornings.
PURPOSE: The Sunday School Superintendent coordinates and facilitates the smooth running of the Sunday School program to ensure that children who attend come to know the Biblical faith in a safe, friendly, welcoming environment where all may experience the love of God and be spiritually nurtured. An understanding of, and respect for, the faith and inclusive values of our church community are of critical importance, as is team work.
ACCOUNTABILITY: The Sunday School Superintendent is accountable to Staff Parish Relations Committee, works under the supervision of the Pastor with budgetary and reporting accountability to the Christian Education Committee and Church Business Administrator, and work collaboratively with all other staff.
1) Provide oversight for a safe and secure environment, (in compliance with safe sanctuary policies soon to be established.)
2) Be present and prepared each Sunday morning before and after Sunday School to greet, support and encourage children, parents and teachers.
3) Meet with Christian Education committee/team for planning and evaluating the Sunday School program.
4) Supervise and manage Sunday School teachers in the performance of their duties and be prepared to teach in their absence, and equip and support teachers in using curriculum and other resources
5) Supervises and supports Child Care Providers and Assistants.
6) Organize, maintain, and purchase Sunday School supplies and curriculum.
7) Responsible to coordinate and supervise Vacation Bible School program.
8) Collect offerings and maintain attendance records.
9) Submit articles for the bi-weekly Herald with information about the Sunday School program.
10) Work collaboratively with the Pastor, Directors of Music, other worship staff and planning committee to help design child friendly worship experiences.
11) Attends monthly Church Council meetings, prepares and presents reports to Church Council, and participates in planning special events.
OTHER TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT:
1) The Sunday School Superintendent position is a part-time position (10hrs/wk).
2) Compensation package will be determined by the Staff Parish Relations Committe.