Children/Youth Music Director; Wellesley, MA
Wellesley Hills Congregational Church
207 Washington St., Wellesley, MA 02481
Children/Youth Music Director
The Children/Youth Music Director will work with the Minister of Music and will be overseen by the Music Committee. This person will also work closely with the Children’s Ministries Committee.
This position will be a part-time commitment across 10 months of the year.
The pay range will be $9,000-$12,000, based on experience and workload.
- Creativity and energy to build and sustain children/youth music program
- Excellent keyboard skills
- Experience and skill in working with children’s voices
- Ability to be self-driven and to work well independently
- Must pass CORI check and adhere to Safe Church standards
- Work with the Music, Children’s Ministries, and Youth Ministries Committees to analyze current state of children/youth music in the church, and create a plan for coordinating and improving our offerings
- Coordinate with Bell Choir, the Church School and other constituents in the church related to children/youth programming
- Build and sustain children/youth music programs by identifying and recruiting for a children’s choir and eventually a youth choir
- Schedule and hold weekly rehearsals (Best times would be before or after church, or at 5 pm on Sundays. Other times could be worked out as schedules dictate)
- Lead youth and children’s choirs as they perform in church (ideally every 6 weeks / choir)
- Lead group singing every Sunday in Church School for approximately 15 minutes (10:15-10:30 am) and get to know students of the K-8th Grade range. Help with once/month Sunday night services on occasion.
Send Resume and Cover Letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Subject heading: Children/Youth Music Director
Accepting resumes until 7/31/2013