Youth Group Director: New York, NY
The Church: Morningside United Methodist Church is a predominantly Asian American ministry based in Manhattan near Columbia University. We seek to impact our larger community with the love of Christ. We are comprised of people from all walks of life – families, couples, young adults, college students, youth, and children – predominantly from the NY/NJ/CT region. More information about the church can be found here: http://www.morningside-nyc.com
Responsibility: The Youth Group Director is responsible for developing and implementing programs for the Morningside UMC and KMC&I youth (grades 7-12) that promotes community, leadership, spiritual growth, and Christian discipleship. Activities may include but are not limited to:
- leading Bible study and daily devotions
- planning and carrying out monthly fellowship activities
- planning and leading yearly youth retreats
- preparing and delivering Sunday messages
- recruiting and training other youth group teachers and volunteers
- ensuring safe sanctuary policy
- creating and managing the budget for youth group
- communicating with parents via email and phone as necessary
- communicating clearly with liaison to KMC&I
- attending monthly council meetings
- writing up year end report as part of the Annual Conference
Time Commitment: Approximately 15 hours/ week
- College degree required. Candidates with or currently pursuing a seminary degree preferred.
- Candidate has a solid understanding of the foundations of Christian faith and United Methodist traditions combined with a strong desire to nurture young people in Christian faith.
- person should have a high level of energy, who can effectively communicate with youth
- accountable to the Staff Parish Relations Committee (SPRC), and under the supervision of the Pastor and Church Council
- works well across different groups – e.g. children and parents; Morningside UMC and KMC&I
- communicates effectively and proactively with different parts of the church community – parents, church council, pastor, SPRC, and other relevant parties
- Some familiarity with Korean language and culture helpful but not necessary.
- 2 weeks vacation/year (as per vacation policy), no additional benefits.
Start Date: April 2013 or later
For inquiries, please email email@example.com or call (212) 870-2287.
To apply for position of Youth Group Director at Morningside UMC, please send
- Statement of Faith
via email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or postal mail (475 Riverside Drive, Suite 460, NY NY 10115).