Sunday Fellowship Coordinator: West Concord, MA
The Sunday Fellowship Coordinator will provide primary staff leadership for West Concord Union Church’s programming, integration, and support for adults with developmental disabilities. The Coordinator is also responsible for keeping the congregation informed about adults with developmental delays and helps with advocacy efforts on behalf of this community. This position will not exceed 20 hours per month.
Areas of Responsibility
1. Develops a vision for the Sunday Fellowship program and sets annual goals, in partnership with lay leaders, participants, and the pastor.
2. Serves as a facilitator, worship leader, activity organizer, and spiritual caregiver for participants in Sunday Fellowship. Spiritual care will be coordinated with the pastor.
3. Facilitates the engagement of members of the congregation in the vision and activities of Sunday Fellowship. Provides training and resources for the congregation as it seeks to engage with adults with developmental disabilities. Recruits, trains, and calls meetings of volunteers as needed.
4. Coordinates with staff and volunteers for larger events, assisting with the integration of adults with developmental disabilities.
5. Develops and maintains strong links with community service providers for adults with developmental disabilities. Serves as a liaison with senior staff, house managers and aides at Minute Man Arc.
6. Communicates effectively to keep the congregation and community aware of the Sunday Fellowship program. Encourages the engagement of new Sunday Fellowship members.
Reporting and Evaluation
The Sunday Fellowship Coordinator will work in partnership with the Discipleship Ministry, the Pastor, the congregation, and the staff at WCUC. An annual evaluation of the Coordinator’s work will be conducted by the pastor in cooperation with the Sunday Fellowship Coordinator and the Discipleship Ministry.
We are looking for a qualified candidate from inside or outside of the congregation. The coordinator will help enhance the spiritual life of this community and will work with the congregation, Minute Man Arc and wider constituencies to support their spiritual well being. The position is part-time: 20 hours a month, 10 months a year. Ideal candidates will have spiritual leadership experience and be familiar with people with developmental disabilities. A full job description follows.
To apply or inquire email: office@WestConcordUnionChurch.org.