Great news about new Head Librarian!

in Uncategorized
July 26th, 2011

limpitlaw

On July 1, 2011, Amy Limpitlaw began her new position as the new Head Librarian for the School of Theology. Amy was recently the Research & Electronic Services Librarian for the Yale University Divinity Library, and she served before that as Associate Director of Vanderbilt University’s Divinity Library, where she had earlier served as Public Services Librarian. She brings wide library experience and passion for a service-oriented library. Amy also brings strong educational experience, having completed her masters and PhD in theology at The University of Chicago Divinity School, and her MS at Simmons College Graduate School of Library and Informational Science. In her own words, Amy describes her excitement about coming to BU and some of her personal interests:

“I feel extremely fortunate to have this opportunity to return to Boston and contribute to the work of the School of Theology.  The STH Library has great strengths and enormous potential; one of its greatest assets is its dedicated staff, and I am looking forward to working with them as well as with the faculty and the entire community of the School of Theology.  The School of Theology as a whole has impressed me with its strong sense of community and I am excited to be coming to such a vibrant and welcoming place.

The School of Theology and its library are already familiar to me, as I had occasion to use the library numerous times when I was writing my doctoral dissertation.  In addition to my interests in theology, I also enjoy reading (especially travel literature, memoirs, current events, and politics), cooking, crossword puzzles, listening to music (all kinds), and traveling. In addition to Boston, some of my favorite places are Cape Cod, New York City, Paris, and the Dordogne region of France.”

Welcome Amy!