These instructions are for connecting to SSW file storage while using a university-owned, Microsoft Windows-based machine which is joined to the Active Directory network. If your machine does not fit this description, please use the non-BU machine instructions.
The basic steps for connecting are:
- Connect to the Internet
- Connect to the BU network
- Connect to the File Share
Connect to the Internet
Please make sure that your computer is connected to the internet either via a wireless connection or plugged in.
- Plug in or connect to a wireless network
- Test internet by opening a web browser and going to your favorite webpage
Connect to the BU network
If you are off-campus, then you will need to use the VPN to connect to the BU network.
Action Steps - Off-Campus
Connect to the File Share
- On your computer press the windows key and the R key simultaneously
- This will bring up the Run dialog.
- Type or paste “\\ist-deptfs1.ad.bu.edu\ssw_shared\” (omit the quotation marks) or the entire folder path if you know it.
- Click OK or press Enter.