SSW has a Mac Pro located in the rear of the Welcome Center, available for use to edit and transfer video.
This computer can be reserved through Outlook via its exchange calendar, listed as SSW, Video Workstation in the global address list.
The video workstation has industry standard video and media production and editing software.
- Final Cut Studio (Video Editing and Production)
- Roxio Easy VHS to DVD (Video capture from VHS)
- Roxio Toast 10 Titanium (DVD Authoring/Burning)
- Adobe Creative Suite 4 Master Collection (Media editing and Production)
Policies, Procedures and Tips
- SSW IT and Marketing & Communications activities take precedence over reservations, but notice will be given if scheduling needs to be changed.
- Access to the equipment is available during SSW business hours, or if you have a key to the Welcome Center.
- Faculty, Staff and Students must arrange to use this equipment themselves (SSWIT staff are not available to perform the transfer). If you need training on these systems, please contact SSWIT.
- Organize work in folders marked clearly.
- Do not delete others’ work, or move it, without consulting the author and/or SSWIT.