SPSS 16 installation on Windows 7
Some users have experienced issues with installing the Student Version of SPSS 16 used for SSW SR744 Research II on Windows 7. To do so, please complete the following steps, and be sure to read all instructions carefully.
- Insert the Disc into the DVD drive
- Press the start button, and type cmd in the search box and press enter – this will bring up the Command prompt
- Go to the DVD drive by typing D: (if the DVD drive is D, else use the drive letter, which can be viewed under Computer)
- Go to the Setup folder by typing cd SPSS
- Then, after the D:\SPSS> type: setup.exe -silent
- The only indications that this process is happening will be User Account Control asking you to proceed, and then when the installation is complete, the command prompt will return to D:\SPSS>
- To Exit, type exit, and press enter
- Download the patch for Windows Vista/7
- Follow the instructions at the link above to install the patch (note that the file path for Windows 7 for SPSS 16 is C:\Program Files (x86)\SPSSInc\SPSS16Student)
You will now be able to launch SPSS 16 Student for Windows on Windows 7.