The Boston Library Consortium (BLC) is a cooperative association of academic and research libraries (see list below).
The consortium supports resource sharing and enhancement of services to users of the member libraries.
Consortium Card Information
A consortium identification card may be issued by a member library to its faculty members, staff, and graduate students.
Each library adheres to mutually accepted criteria applicable throughout the consortium in issuing cards.
Applications for consortium cards are available via the Off-Campus Programs.
Consortium cards must be renewed every semester, after registration.
For application and for further information, please contact email@example.com or 617-353-2115.
Institutions Affiliated with the Consortium
- Boston College Libraries 617-552-4472
- Boston Public Library 617-536-5400
- Boston University Libraries 617-353-2700
- Brandeis University Libraries 781-736-7777
- Brown University Library 401-863-2165
- MIT Libraries 617-324-2275
- Northeastern University Library 617-373-2350
- State Library of Massachusetts 617-727-2590
- Tufts University Libraries 617-636-6705
- UMass/Amherst Libraries 413-545-0150
- UMass/Boston Library 617-287-5900
- UMass/Dartmouth Library 508-999-8678
- UMass/Lowell Libraries 978-934-4550
- UMass Medical School 508-856-6099
- Wellesley College Library 781-283-7777
- Woods Hole/Marine Biological Library 508-289-7002
- University of Connecticut Libraries 860-486-2513
- University of New Hampshire Library 603-862-1535
- Williams College Libraries 413-597-2501
Consortium memberships facilitate onsite access to research materials. Reference librarians at member institutions can answer questions about consulting materials in the libraries belonging to the consortium.