The following guidelines apply to all field placement arrangements:
- The foundation year in field education consists of 480 hours in the field. The advanced year requires 720 hours in the field.
- The minimum number of hours/week in placement is 16.
- Field placements begin only three times a year, at the start of a semester, i.e., September, January or May.
- All field placement arrangements must be approved in advance by the Field Education Department and by the Program Director.
- All practice courses are taken concurrently with foundation and advanced years field education courses.
- Students may enroll in a block format for only one of their placements, and may enroll, if appropriate, in one of their two placements at an employer agency. These arrangements must be approved by the Field Education Department and by the Program Director.
Field Placement Structure
Field Placement Options
Field Placement Process
Field Education Competencies
Forms and Other Helpful Information
BUSSW Guide for Field Education
Field Education Agencies