Field Placement Structure
- Each student completes two different field placements during the program.
- Each student has a 480-hour foundation internship from September to May during the second year in the program.
- Each student has a 720-hour advanced internship during the third year.
- The advanced internship is 24 hours per week from September to May (or 16 hours per week over 12 months or as a block format).
- The minimum number of hours/week in placement is 16.
- Field placements begin only three times a year, at the start of a semester, i.e., September, January, or May.
- Field placements are taken concurrently with practice courses to foster the integration process.
- Field education internships are available throughout Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Rhode Island, Maine, and Vermont.
- Students may enroll in a block format for only one of their placements.
- If appropriate, students may enroll in one of their two placements at an employer agency.
- All field placement arrangements must be pre-approved by the OCP administration.
Field Placement Options
Field Placement Process
Field Education Competencies
Forms and Other Helpful Information
BUSSW Guide for Field Education
Field Education Agencies