Online Tutoring for BUSSW Off-Campus Programs Students
Smarthinking is an online tutoring service that the Boston University School of Social Work is making available to its students. Smarthinking provides tutoring in a variety of subjects, some of which are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
View Smarthinking’s subject descriptions and times available.
With Smarthinking you can:
- Connect with a tutor and interact live. (See live, drop-in tutoring examples.)
- Submit your writing for any class to their Online Writing Lab. (See an essay submission example.)
- Submit a question and receive a reply from a tutor.
- Your username is your BU email address.
- Your password is “BUSSWOCP”
The first time you log in with this, click the “About me” tab on your homepage and change your password to something that you will remember. Log in to Smarthinking anytime you would like to access a tutor!
Technology Requirements and Troubleshooting Tips
- Please disable all popup blockers for services.smarthinking.com.
- Make sure that your browser is set up to allow cookies and pop-up windows (Smarthinking uses both of these).
- Make sure that you have Java installed. If you need to install Java, go to Java’s website and follow the instructions for the free download.
- For a full list of the most up to date settings, please refer to Smarthinking’s Technical FAQ page
Need Help Using Smarthinking ?
1. Once you log in, view the Smarthinking Student Handbook for all you need to know about navigating the website and using the service.
2. The Smarthinking Technical Support team is available to assist you. First, check the information in the Customer Support section of Smarthinking’s website to answer any questions you may have about using the service. If you still need help, contact Smarthinking customer support at email@example.com or 888-430-7429, Ext. 1, Monday–Friday, 8 a.m.–6 p.m. EST.
3. If you are a faculty/staff member with questions, please contact 617-353-3766 or firstname.lastname@example.org.