The 50 State CHARTBOOK on Foster Care
Welcome to the website for The 50 State CHARTBOOK on Foster Care, administered by Boston University and funded by The MENTOR Network Charitable Foundation.
The CHARTBOOK provides data on current foster care programs, policies and financing for every state and the District of Columbia, with a particular emphasis on therapeutic foster care. It also highlights innovative initiatives and best practices being implemented in states throughout the country.
Our hope is that the CHARTBOOK will become a valuable resource or tool for child welfare professionals, policymakers, and everyone committed to improving outcomes for our nation’s most vulnerable children.
Using the online CHARTBOOK, you can access data for your state and easily compare it with other states’ data.
The State Profile
For ease of use, each state profile has been organized into eight sections:
- State Child Agency Background Characteristics
- Demographics of Children in Out-of-Home Placements
- State’s Enhanced Models of Service Delivery in Foster Care
- Medicaid-Funded Programs Utilized by Children in Foster Care
- Child Welfare Revenues and Expenditures
- Foster Care Permanency Outcomes
- Children in Foster Care Well-Being Outcomes
- State Key Initiatives and Innovative Programs in Foster Care