An Evaluation Of The Urban Medical Group House Calls Program
Sara S. Bachman, PhD:
Carol Tobias, BUSPH
The Jacob and Valeria Langeloth Foundation
The overall goal of the grant-funded evaluation is to promote increased funding (from public and private payers) and replication of the House Calls (HC) model.
The key research objectives are to:
- Demonstrate that HC reduces overall costs associated with medical care among participants as compared to non-participants
- Demonstrate that HC is effective at reducing hospital and nursing home admissions, an indicator of effective preventive care
- Demonstrate that HC increases the time until hospital and nursing home admissions, an indicator that patients remain in their homes longer
- Understand and communicate how HC meets the needs of patients and caregivers
- Understand and communicate how HC is a valuable program for housing providers
Key process objectives are to:
- Disseminate findings to key constituents
- Design data collection systems that will serve as building blocks for an on-going evaluation program at the Urban Medical Group.