Did you know?
- The population of adults aged 65 and over will more than double in the next 30 years.
- Gerontological social work is one of the fastest growing practice areas within social work.
- Within 15 years, 60,000 to 70,000 social workers specializing in work with older adults will be needed in the United States.
Gerontological Social Workers
- Hold positions in mental health, health, home care, long-term care, family service, multi-service, housing, hospice, planning, advocacy, government and research settings.
- Provide individual and group psychotherapy, case management, family therapy, advocacy, community organizing, program development and management services.
- Work with older adults, adults in mid-life, children and adolescents, and providers from many different disciplines and agencies.