Working With Your Student (Charles River Campus)
How to Begin a Field Placement
- Criteria for New Field Instructors and Agencies
- Agency Placement Packet (for new agencies)
- Agency Update Form (for current agencies)
- Field Instructor Profile
- Field Instructor Information Sheet
- Employer Agency Placement Application
- Process Recording and Supervision Requirements
- Process Recording Requirements – 12 Month Placements
- Process Recording Templates:
Starting With Your Student
Mid-Year & End-of-Year Evaluation Forms
Please note that the evaluation forms are being updated to reflect the 2015 CSWE Competencies.
For students who entered field placements in September 2016, please use these forms:
- Advanced Clinical Evaluation – 2015 Competencies
- Advanced Macro Evaluation – 2015 Competencies
- Foundation Evaluation – 2015 Competencies
Note: the above forms are designed in .docx format. For forms compatible with Microsoft Word 1997-2003, please use the following documents:
- Foundation Evaluation – Compatibility
- Advanced Macro Evaluation – Compatibility
- Advanced Clinical Evaluation – Compatibility
For students who entered their field placement prior to September 2016 please use the following forms:
Final Field Instructor Evaluation of Student
- Field Instructor Final Evaluation of Foundation Student
- Field Instructor Final Evaluation of Advanced Clinical Student
- Field Instructor Final Evaluation of Advanced Macro Student
Mid-Year Field Instructor Assessment of Student
- Field Instructor Mid Year Assessment of Foundation Student
- Field Instructor Mid-Year Assessment of Advanced Clinical Student
- Field Instructor Mid-Year Assessment of Advanced Macro Student
Professional Development & Benefits
BUSSW is pleased to offer several professional training options for all field instructors, including:
NECON Professional Development Series
The New England Consortium of Graduate Social Work Field Education Directors (NECON) is made up of field education directors from the accredited New England graduate schools of social work. Various workshops and seminars are offered to field educators and instructors for free or reduced fees.
PEP CEC Training Discount
BUSSW field instructors are a valuable resource and mentor to our students. As a thank you, the Professional Education Programs Office (PEP) offers one free workshop to field instructors per academic year, on a first-come, first-served basis (space permitting).
Please check the PEP program website periodically to see what workshops are available. You are encouraged to email or call the PEP office (617-353-3756) for availability. This discount does not apply to certificate programs. If a slot is available, you will need to register for the class and indicate that you are a BUSSW field instructor to receive your discount. CEC certificates will be available at the end of your class.
Additionally, PEP frequently offers special trainings to field instructors on topical issues. Recent trainings included four skills-based workshops on suicide prevention and training. Information about these trainings is shared through the PEP and Field Education websites. Field instructors are encouraged to keep their email addresses up to date to receive the latest news and benefits.