Reapplication and Readmission Procedures
For applicants who do not complete the application process, application materials are kept in our files for one year. Previously filed material and the following supplemental information will complete your application.
- A new application form. Check reapplication, indicate the campus you are applying to, full- or part-time status, and the new term for which you are applying.
- Transcripts for courses completed since your previous application. List only those courses on the new application.
- Paid and/or volunteer experience. List only experience you have had since your previous application.
- One new reference. Please do not use the same reference that was used on your previous application. If applicable, the reference should be from a current or recent employer.
- Personal biographical update. Please write a brief statement about education, work, and/or volunteer experiences you have had since your previous application. In what way have these experiences affected your interest in and knowledge of social work? Please limit this statement to one double-spaced, typed page.
- $95 non-refundable application fee, submitted online at time of reapplication.
Please review the admission deadlines webpage to determine the appropriate deadline for the program to which you are applying.
Academic files for previously matriculating students are kept in our files for five years. Individuals who withdrew or took a leave of absence from the Charles River Campus may contact the Director of Student Services at 617-353-3761 to discuss readmission if it has been less than one year. Individuals who withdrew or took a leave of absence from the Off-Campus Program may contact the Assistant Dean for Off-Campus & Online Programs, Mena daSilva-Clark at 617-353-2803 to discuss readmission if it has been less than one year. Individuals who withdrew or took a leave of absence one to five years ago should contact the Admissions & Financial Aid Office at 617-353-3750 and must submit the supplemental material described under “Reapplication” to Admissions & Financial Aid. In all cases of readmission, you must meet any special requirements prescribed at the time you left the School. If you withdrew or took a leave of absence six or more years ago, you must reapply to the program by completing the full admission process. In all cases, students must complete the MSW degree requirements within six years of the original enrollment date.
Any student who left the School for reasons related to grade point average, incompletes, problem resolution, or status review will be referred to the Associate Dean for Academic Affairs. The Associate Dean will determine whether a status review should be convened to determine if the student should be allowed to re-enroll in the School.
Charles River Campus: If you intend to enter the Advanced Field Placement in the fall, you must submit all materials by January 15 or risk the possibility that an appropriate field placement may not be available to you. If you intend to enter the Foundation Field Placement in the fall, all materials should be submitted by March 2.
Off-Campus & Online Programs: Students seeking readmission after a leave of absence must reapply at least one semester in advance of the intended readmission term: May for a fall start; September for a spring start; January for a summer start.