Professional Education Programs
Utilizing Mind/Body Resources with EMDR in the Treatment of Complex Trauma
Have you ever wondered how EMDR, Tapas Acupressure Technique® & other mind/body resources could really be useful in your work & life? Well, here is your chance to find out!
In this workshop you will come away with tools you can use immediately:
• Develop the skills to accurately diagnose Complex PTSD and DID from a developmental perspective.
• Review the normal stages and developmental tasks that are compromised with early trauma.
• Experience various ways to utilize imagery & breathing techniques to reduce stress/build resources.
• Recognize various ways Tapas Acupressure Technique® (TAT®) reduces stress and develops stability.
• Identify how these resources are helpful in preparing a client to use EMDR.
• Use a developmental chart to systematically organize treatment strategies.
• Develop ways to integrate these modalities into your work and life.
• Have the opportunity to present cases, ask questions.
For this program we have received approval to offer continuing education credit to Licensed Mental Health Counselors! LMHCs will now receive 12 credits for completing this program!
Patricia Thatcher, LICSW, an approved consultant in EMDR and certified trainer in TAT, has over 25 years of experience working with trauma & dissociation specializing in the use of mind/body methods including EMDR (eye movement desensitization and reprocessing), Tapas Acupressure Technique, The REMAP Process and hypnosis.
August 1 & 2, 2014 // 10am-6pm // 12 CECs //$249 until July 25, then $299.00