Microarray & Bioinformatics Core
The mission of the NIAMS SSc Genomics and Bioinformatics Core is to provide high quality data generation and analysis of SSc samples at a reasonable cost to investigators.
PI – Michael Whitfield, PhD
The Core will provide:
- Experimental design consults
- Digital barcoding and sample tracking
- Automated high quality RNA production
- Quality control using standardized and proven protocols
- Samples hybridized to Agilent whole-genome DNA microarrays
- Each dataset will be analyzed with a combination of algorithms for differential gene expression, time course analysis, patient subgrouping, and differential pathway activation as appropriate
Each data will be analyzed for differential gene expression and provided to users as raw data, or in a heatmap format that can be viewed in Java Treeview. Additional bioinformatic analyses can be performed (call for pricing).