Working for us means being an integral part of hundreds of student events! No two events are ever the same and you’ll get to truly experience BU’s diversity by providing these events with production services in theatrical lighting, sound, and multimedia.
- All student positions are part-time. Your work schedule is made around your academic schedule so you will not be asked to work during your classes.
- We employ 30-35 students and expect them to be professional, friendly, and helpful to our clients and guests.
- Having a Work-Study grant is desired, but not required for employment.
- Students have the responsibility to effectively communicate all conflicts in a timely manner with their supervisor.
- The weekly schedule (for Monday through Sunday) is typically posted by the Friday prior via TrackSmart Scheduling. Your supervisor will set you up with access during training. Hours vary depending on the events & activities that SPS is supporting.
- You are expected to be on time for all shifts and dressed appropriately for work.
- Good communication skills and ability to work as a team with your peers are required of all student staff.
- Training will be provided for all staff.
- Now hiring for the fall 2018 semester.
Production Assistant Job Description
Supervisor: Nick Vale, Production Manager
Responsibilities include working as a team to provide lighting, sound, and/or media support to student events that happen in a variety of venues across campus. These events include cultural shows, dance performances, concerts, large scale meetings/lectures, and theatrical productions. Duties include transporting, setting up, and operation of production equipment. Some heavy lifting required and must not be afraid of heights or small spaces. This is a very physical job. Schedule varies based on events and includes evenings and weekends. We provide a black polo with SPS logo and name tag for the uniform.