Sports Medicine Services & Facilities
Boston University Sports Medicine and Related Services houses various groups of physicians and professionals in a single convenient location. Together, they offer a comprehensive range of services, including state-of-the-art diagnostics and treatments. Your treatment plan will be designed specifically for you and may combine several different services: physician services, physical therapy, nutrition, and/or athletic training.
Physician services are provided by sports medicine specialists from Boston Medical Center and Boston University School of Medicine.
- Acute and chronic musculoskeletal issues
- Return-to-participation decisions and management
- Medical issues related to sports participation (e.g., eating disorders, exercise-induced asthma, skin conditions in the athlete, exercise for patients who are pregnant or have chronic medical conditions such as diabetes or cardiac disease)
- State-of-the-art concussion management, including neuropsychiatric testing
- Exercise fitness testing and exercise prescription
- Osteopathic manipulation
- Musculoskeletal ultrasound
- Platelet-rich plasma injections
- On-site X-ray
Services are provided by the Boston University Physical Therapy Center.
- Musculoskeletal injuries
- Sports injuries
- Orthopedic injuries
- Post-surgical rehabilitation
- Disorders and pain related to the spine
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Chronic pain
- Work-related injuries
Services include orthotic assessment and fabrication, and aquatic treatment.
Services are provided by the Boston University Sargent Choice Nutrition Center.
- Comprehensive dietary analysis
- Personalized food plans for training, competition, recovery, and travel
- Nutrition counseling for health concerns (e.g., weight loss, weight gain, cholesterol, blood pressure, diabetes, eating disorders, disordered eating, celiac disease, food allergies, irritable bowel syndrome, iron deficiency anemia, female athlete triad)
- Team presentations
- Special topics for individuals and teams (e.g., dietary supplements, ergogenic aids, hydration, sports drinks, bars, gels)
Services are provided by Boston University Athletic Training Services and Boston University College of Health & Rehabilitation Sciences: Sargent College.
- Athletic trainers for athletic teams at high schools and colleges
Our partners at the Boston University Fitness and Recreation Center (FitRec) can provide personal training services at the completion of your therapy to help keep you on the path to good health. Memberships at FitRec are now available to Sports Medicine & Related Services patients through the “Friends of BU Program“.
The state-of-the-art facilities at the Ryan Center include a SwimEx pool for aquatic therapy and more than 10,000 square feet of newly renovated space.