Student Accounts & Finances

Student Accounts & Finances
Students must complete payment of any outstanding balance by the end of April, to ensure that release of diplomas is not delayed for financial reasons. The University will make every effort to ensure that students who meet academic requirements but do not settle their account by April 30 will have their diploma awarded at SPH Convocation. However, this cannot be guaranteed.

April 30 is also the last day for students to complete Federal Perkins Loan and Federal Direct Stafford Loan exit counseling requirements. It is mandatory for students who have received an institutional and/or Federal Direct Stafford loan to complete an exit counseling session before receiving their diploma. Students who received a SPH Alumni Loan or Federal Perkins Loan must attend an in-person exit counseling session. Student borrowers will be sent specific information about completing exit counseling requirements in the spring. Please visit Student Financial Services online for more information on exit interview sessions. Please visit 72 East Concord Street, Room A-301, or call SFS (617-638-5130) at least one week in advance, to sign up for a session.

For additional information regarding payment issues, contact Student Accounting Services at or 617-353-2264. For additional information regarding loan requirements, contact Student Financial Services at or 617-638-5130.

Diplomas & Transcripts

All students who have been approved to graduate by their school or college should access the Student Link and update their Diploma and Graduation Ceremony Information. To update your information:

  • In the Student Link, select Academics.
  • Choose Diploma and Graduation.
  • Review/update your diploma information (degree, major, school/college, how your name will appear).
    Even if you’re not attending a ceremony, please update your information so we can accurately create your diploma.
  • Select whether you’ll attend a convocation ceremony.
    Verify or update your mailing address. The Registrar will begin mailing diplomas to those who select that option by mid-June.
  • Select how you want to receive your degree: at a ceremony, by mail, or through pick-up. If you don’t receive your diploma at a convocation ceremony, you can pick it up in the Registrar’s office at 881 Comm. Ave. beginning mid-June.

Please note: SPH candidates must also RSVP directly with SPH Graduate Student Life if they plan to attend the School of Public Health Convocation Ceremony. RSVP forms will be mailed to candidates in early spring.

Current students can request official transcripts online from the University Registrar, using the Transcript Preview through the Student Link.

For more information, contact the Registrar (617-353-3612).



Boston University’s 2013 Commencement Weekend will take place Friday, May 17 – Sunday, May 19, 2013.  The BUSPH Commencement Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 18th.  Details to follow. All students who have been approved to graduate by their School or College should access the Student Link and update their Diploma and Graduation Ceremony Information. To update your information:

  1. Go to the Student Link.
  2. Select Academics.
  3. Select Diploma and Graduation.
  4. Follow the on-screen prompts.

Degree candidates will be asked to update/verify their diploma name & to indicate whether they will be attending the May ceremonies. Those not attending will be given the option of having their diploma mailed. In addition, BUCOP, dual degree, and CAS students with multiple majors will be asked to select the diploma convocation ceremonies they plan to attend.

Students who do not receive their diploma at the convocation ceremony may pick up their diploma at the Registrar’s Office, 881 Commonwealth Avenue, beginning June 20, 2011. The office will begin mailing diplomas on June 20, 2011 to those who selected the mailing option. The diploma mailing address must be entered on the Diploma and Graduation Information page on the Student Link.

Information regarding transcript requests as well as enrollment/graduation verifications is available on the Registrar’s Office website.