SPH Convocation Ceremony
Each year in May, the School of Public Health holds a convocation ceremony followed by a reception, planned by the Office of Graduate Student Life. 2017 SPH Convocation Ceremony will be held Saturday, May 20 from 11:00 am – 1:00 pm at the Track and Tennis Center, 100 Ashford St. The ceremony will be followed immediately by a tented reception from 1:00 – 3:00 pm in the adjacent lot.
In addition to the convocation ceremony, Boston University also holds an All-University Commencement Ceremony in each year in May. The 2017 All-University Commencement Ceremony will be held Sunday, May 21, beginning at 1:00 pm at Nickerson Field, 285 Babcock Street. Tickets will not be required for either ceremony. For more information please visit the Preparing for SPH Convocation page.
**There are three graduation dates each year (September 25, January 25, and May), but there is only one commencement ceremony. Students who graduate in September or January are encouraged to participate in the May ceremony.
Live Streaming, Photos, Videos & Memorabilia
- Live-streaming will be available for those that are unable to attend the ceremony in person. Click here for access to live-streaming.
- DVDs will be available for purchase from BU Productions. Click here for information on how to order a DVD.
- Photos will be available for purchase from Commencement Photos, Inc. Click here for information on how to order photos.
- Please note students will receive an email in two weeks regarding steps to order your commencement photos.
- To order photos: Enter the Unique ID number that appears on the order form sent to you in the email. If you did not receive an order form please contact customer service for assistance at 978-851-5924. The office is open M-F 8am-4pm EST.
- How long after graduation will it take to receive my package?
- It takes approximately 2-3 weeks from the date of graduation to receive your photo package.
- A graduation photo area will be available during the reception with some exciting photo props to take pictures and mark this special moment of your success.
- For more details visit the Commencement Memorabilia webpage.
All students must apply to graduate! Everyone planning to attend the ceremony must fill out an SPH Convocation RSVP form. This allows us to have your diploma ready and your name read as part of the marching procession at the SPH ceremony. If you are not planning on attending, please let us know on this form.
Questions about Commencement and SPH Convocation? Contact Mary Murphy-Phillips, Director of Graduate Student Life, 617-638-5059.
Questions about applying/requirements for graduation? Contact the Registrar’s Office directly.
Boston University additionally organizes an All-University Commencement in May. All graduates are welcome to attend.