This is a chronological checklist of all the steps to completing your practicum. Questions? Contact Scott Harris (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Selection & Registration
- Identify a practicum site and field supervisor. (For help, see practicum search tools)
- Discuss your projected project with your Departmental Faculty Practice Representatives.
- Submit the Practicum Approval Form online via the Practiceweb (for review by DFPR).
- Once you receive DFPR approval, you will be sent the Practicum Registration Form, which is completed electronically.
- Discuss and develop a Learning Contract and Scope of Work with your field supervisor.
- Discuss and submit the Learning Contract to DFPR via Practiceweb.
- Bring a copy signed by your field supervisor to the Practicum Office within two weeks of the start date.
- Halfway through practicum, meet with your field supervisor to discuss practicum progress.
- Complete a Midpoint Review via the Practiceweb and update your Scope of Work (if needed).
- Submit a copy signed by your field supervisor to the Practicum Office within a week of completion.
- Submit an Abstract description (250 words or less) via Practiceweb.
- Develop a practicum poster and drop it off at Practicum Office prior to the day of the poster session.
- Attend the poster session to exhibit your poster and attend your concentration specific Integration Seminar.
- Submit completed Student and Field Supervisor Practicum Evaluations via Practiceweb.
Professional Development Skill-Based Learning Experiences
- Attend two Learning Experiences, i.e. the Practicum Office’s “How To…” Workshops.