Student Accounts & Finances
Student Accounts & Finances
Students must complete payment of any outstanding balance by April 30, 2015, to ensure that release of diplomas is not delayed for financial reasons. The University will make every effort to ensure that students who meet academic requirements but do not settle their account by April 30 will have their diploma awarded at Commencement. However, this cannot be guaranteed.
April 30 is also the last day for students to complete Federal Perkins Loan and Federal Direct Stafford Loan exit counseling requirements. It is mandatory for students who have received an institutional and/or Federal Direct Stafford loan to complete an exit counseling session before receiving their diploma. Students who received a SPH Alumni Loan or Federal Perkins Loan must attend an in-person exit counseling session. Student borrowers will be sent specific information about completing exit counseling requirements in the spring. Please visit Student Financial Services online for more information on exit interview sessions. Please visit 72 East Concord Street, Room A-301, or call SFS (617-638-5130) at least one week in advance, to sign up for a session.
For additional information regarding payment issues, contact Student Accounting Services at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-353-2264. For additional information regarding loan requirements, contact Student Financial Services at email@example.com or 617-638-5130.
Diplomas & Transcripts
All students who have been approved to graduate by their school or college should access the Student Link and update their Diploma and Graduation Ceremony Information. To update your information:
- In the Student Link, select Academics.
- Choose Diploma and Graduation.
- Review/update your diploma information (degree, major, school/college, how your name will appear).
Even if you’re not attending a ceremony, please update your information so we can accurately create your diploma.
- Select whether you’ll attend a convocation ceremony.
If you’re receiving a dual degree or you had multiple majors, please select which diploma ceremony you plan to attend.
- Verify or update your mailing address. The Registrar will begin mailing diplomas to those who select that option on June 23, 2014.
- Select how you want to receive your degree: at a ceremony, by mail, or through pick-up. If you don’t receive your diploma at a convocation ceremony, you can pick it up in the Registrar’s office at 881 Comm. Ave. beginning on June 16, 2014. Mailing begins on June 23.
Please note: SPH candidates must also RSVP directly with SPH Student Services if they plan to attend the May 17 School of Public Health Commencement Ceremony. RSVP forms will be mailed to candidates in early spring.
Current students can request official transcripts online from the Registrar for $6, using the Transcript Preview through the Student Link. Information regarding transcript requests as well as enrollment/graduation verifications is available on the Registrar’s Office website.
For more information, contact the Registrar (617-353-3612).