Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center (MAVERIC)
MAVERIC (Massachusetts Veterans Epidemiology Research and Information Center) is a collaboration between the Bedford, Boston, Brockton, and West Roxbury Veterans Administration Medical Centers and the Harvard and Boston University Schools of Medicine and Public Health.
MAVERIC provides on-site expertise in population-based study design, implementation, and statistical analysis for all types of epidemiologic research. Our resources and services include funding opportunities, ad-hoc consulting services in many disciplines, core computing facilities, blood storage capabilities, and educational opportunities for physicians and other researchers.
Current studies include:
- The Normative Aging Study
- The Dental Longitudinal Study
- A Prospective Study of Respiratory Function and
Illness in Chronic Spinal Cord Injury
- The Selenium and Vitamin E Cancer Prevention Trial
[SELECT] for prostate cancer
- DOD Prostate Cancer Prevention Pilot Study
- DOD/Joslin Diabetes Center Diabetic Care Project
- The 80+ Hemorrhagic Cohort Study