Almost Half of US Adults Who Drink, Drink Too Much, and Continue to Do So
Starting to drink too much associated with youth, transitioning to legal drinking age, being male, white, childless, healthier, and smoking and drug use, among other social factors.
Providers Attribute Racial Healthcare Disparities to Social, Economic Conditions
Those who believe providers contribute to health disparities also more likely to confront issues of racism.
Residential Segregation Associated with Black–White Disparity in Firearm Homicide Rates
States with greater residential segregation of black and white populations have higher racial disparities in fatal firearm homicide.
PCE-Contaminated Drinking Water Increases Risk of Stillbirth
Prenatal exposure to tetrachloroethylene in drinking water can double odds of stillbirth due to placental abruption and placental insufficiency.
- Published On 8/1/2018Bachman Responds.American journal of public healthread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Long-term yogurt consumption and risk of incident hypertension in adults.Journal of hypertensionread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Is 30-Day Posthospitalization Mortality Lower Among Racial/Ethnic Minorities?: A Reexamination.Medical careread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018The Potential of Glycemic Control and Body Weight Change as Early Markers for Pancreatic Cancer in Patients With Long-standing Diabetes Mellitus: A Case-Control Study.Pancreasread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018In reply.The international journal of tuberculosis and lung disease : the official journal of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseaseread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2018Mortality Measures to Profile Hospital Performance for Patients With Septic Shock.Critical care medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 7/15/2018Future Research Directions in Pneumonia. NHLBI Working Group Report.American journal of respiratory and critical care medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018FDG-PET/CT activity leads to the diagnosis of unsuspected TB: a retrospective study.BMC research notesread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018Impact of Intervention to Improve Nursing Home Resident-Staff Interactions and Engagement.The Gerontologistread at PubMed
- Published On 7/13/2018Protein Biomarkers of Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in the Community.Journal of the American Heart Associationread at PubMed