Cancer Prevention Groups Don’t Call Alcohol a Disease Risk
Largest American and Canadian cancer prevention organizations fail to state that, even when consumed in low doses, alcohol is risk factor for cancer.
Opioid Addiction Associated with More Gun Involvement
Those addicted to opioids more likely than those addicted to alcohol to carry guns, commit or be victims of gun violence, and be present where shots are fired.
Eligibility, Communication Issues Barriers to Substance Use Disorder Treatment
Of 21.7 million Americans in need of substance use disorder treatment, only 2.35 million receive treatment at specialty facility.
black women’s health study
Inflammation Associated with Cardiometabolic Risks in Black Women
Abnormal, unresolved inflammation in blood and fat tissue considered stronger risk factor than BMI per se.
- Published On 6/5/2018Using Evidence to Inform State Health Policymaking: Lessons from Four States Comparing Obamacare and Infant MortalityJournal of Health Policy, Politics, and Law
- Published On 6/1/2018In-utero exposure to antiretrovirals and neurodevelopment among HIV-exposed-uninfected children in Botswana.AIDS (London, England)read at PubMed
- Published On 6/1/2018Stroke incidence is highest in women and non-Hispanic blacks living with HIV in the AIDS Clinical Trials Group Longitudinal Linked Randomized Trials cohort.AIDS (London, England)read at PubMed
- Published On 6/1/2018Impact of Preadmission Opioid Treatment on 1-Year Mortality Following Nonsurgical Intensive Care.Critical care medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 6/1/2018US Guidelines That Empower Women to Prevent HIV With Preexposure Prophylaxis.Sexually transmitted diseasesread at PubMed
- Published On 5/15/2018Targeting the right interventions to the right people and places: the role of geospatial analysis in HIV program planning.AIDS (London, England)read at PubMed
- Published On 5/14/2018Safety and efficacy of dual vs. triple antithrombotic therapy in patients with atrial fibrillation following percutaneous coronary intervention: a systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized clinical trials.European heart journalread at PubMed
- Published On 5/12/2018Can community health workers identify omphalitis? A validation study from Southern Province, Zambia.Tropical medicine & international health : TM & IHread at PubMed
- Published On 5/11/2018Risk Associated with Cumulative Oral Glucocorticoid Use in Patients with Giant Cell Arteritis in Real-World Databases from the USA and UK.Rheumatology and therapyread at PubMed
- Published On 5/11/2018The role of radiography and MRI for eligibility assessment in DMOAD trials of knee OA.Nature reviews. Rheumatologyread at PubMed