Second Annual Population Health Science Research Workshop
Thursday, October 19, 2017, noon—6 p.m.
Friday, October 20, 2017, 8 a.m.—3 p.m.
Hiebert Lounge, 72 East Concord Street, Boston
Co-sponsored with the Interdisciplinary Association for Population Health Science (IAPHS)
The call for submissions for PHS2017 is now closed. Please consider submitting work for the Third Annual Population Health Science Research Workshop, anticipated deadline: July 2018
Call for Submissions
We are pleased to announce the Call for Papers for the Second Annual Population Health Science Research Workshop (PHS2017), to be held at Boston University School of Public Health. The workshop is designed to bring together scholars from economics, epidemiology, demography, and related disciplines to present papers on topics related to population health. The workshop will prioritize rigorous empirical work on the methodological or content frontiers of population health research. (Theoretical work is acceptable but should be linked to an empirical application.) The workshop is designed to identify and push the cutting edge in population health science. Please see the 2016 agenda for examples.
The workshop will be 1.5 days, with no concurrent sessions, to enable in-depth discussion of the presented work. We anticipate 12 paper presentations of 40 minutes each, including discussion. Submissions not accepted for oral presentations will be considered for a poster session. To ensure an atmosphere conducive to discussion, meeting participation will be limited to presenters and discussants. Papers will be distributed ahead of time to workshop participants but will not be posted publicly. Travel and hotel expenses will be covered for one author per paper accepted for oral presentation.
This is an open call for submissions. Please submit a full paper or extended abstract with sufficient detail to evaluate the quality of the submitted work. Submissions will be evaluated for population health significance, creativity/innovation, and methodological rigor. Presenters will have the opportunity to revise their submission before papers are circulated in September. The deadline for submissions is 11:59 p.m. EDT on Monday, July 31, 2017. Papers will be reviewed by the workshop advisory committee.
Please email us at email@example.com with any questions.
Jacob Bor and Sandro Galea, conveners, on behalf of the PHS Advisory Committee
PHS Advisory Committee
- Marcella Alsan, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Eran Bendavid, Stanford University School of Medicine
- Jacob Bor, Boston University School of Public Health (Convener)
- David Cutler, Harvard University Department of Economics
- Sandro Galea, Boston University School of Public Health (Convener)
- Eyal Frank, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs
- Willa Friedman, University of Houston Department of Economics
- John Jackson, Johns Hopkins Bloomberg School of Public Health
- Jay Kaufman, McGill University Department of Epidemiology, Biostatistics, and Occupational Health
- Margaret McConnell, Harvard T.H. Chan School of Public Health
- Emily Oster, Brown University Department of Economics
- Molly Schnell, Princeton University Department of Economics
- Andrew Stokes, Boston University School of Public Health
- Rebecca Thornton, University of Illinois Department of Economics
- Atheendar Venkataramani, University of Pennsylvania, Perelman School of Medicine