SPH Narrative Month
Recommended Reading from SPH Community
Faculty, staff, students, and alumni share favorite public health-related reads.
‘So Many People Are Touched by the Story, You Just Want to Tell It’
At Diversity and Inclusion Seminar, grandson and daughter-in-law of Henrietta Lacks discuss her legacy, medical ethics, and why the story needs to be told.
In Conversation With
‘They Had to Make Choiceless Choices’
Professor Michael Grodin on growing up with Holocaust survivors, the role of doctors in genocide and resistance, and the power of stories to humanize.
Alumnus Heads Compliance for Health System
Joshua Boxer named executive director of regulatory compliance for University of Miami Health System (UHealth).
Do the right thing.
Public health policy poses increasingly nuanced questions of law, ethics, and human rights—from religious objections to insurance coverage of contraceptives to the size of soda containers. The School-wide Center for Health Law, Ethics & Human Rights bridges the gap between public health’s expanding scope and the capacity of academic programs to offer research, education, and advocacy in law, ethics, and human rights.
Our internationally renowned faculty address real-world problems as members of state, national, and international committees and task forces. We bring together experts in many disciplines, including visiting scholars from around the world, and offer post-doctoral fellowships. Our research targets contemporary health policies. We put that research into practice by providing testimony, submitting amicus briefs, and advising government agencies and organizations in health care, biotechnology, and various other fields.
Playing a significant role in developing and interpreting laws and regulations.
Vivamus sagittis lacus vel augue laoreet rutrum faucibus dolor auctor.
We work to protect human rights for all people.
Fellowships & Visiting Scholars
Opportunities for scholars and students.
Health Law, Policy & Management News
- Published On 4/15/2017Cognitive disorders in women
- Published On 3/15/2017The SAGE Encyclopedia of Psychology and GenderCognitive disorders in men
- Published On 3/1/2017Cole M, and Avery M. Freestanding Birth Centers: Innovation, Evidence, A Profile of Birth Center Use in the US and the Potential Demand for Birth Center Use in the Future.Cole M, and Avery M. Freestanding Birth Centers: Innovation, Evidence, Optimal Outcomes.
- Published On 2/22/2017Hardware and software for collecting microscopic trajectory data on naturalistic driving behaviorJournal of Intelligent Transportation Systems read at Custom
- Published On 2/15/2017Patient Use of Electronic Prescription Refill and Secure Messaging and Its Association With Undetectable HIV Viral Load: A Retrospective Cohort Study.Journal of medical Internet researchread at PubMed
- Published On 2/3/2017A Revised Framingham Stroke Risk Profile to Reflect Temporal Trends.Circulationread at PubMed
- Published On 2/2/2017Associations between urinary diphenyl phosphate and thyroid function.Environment internationalread at PubMed
- Published On 2/2/2017Clinical and Environmental Correlates of Serum BDNF: A descriptive study with plausible implications for AD research.Current Alzheimer researchread at PubMed
- Published On 2/1/2017UpToDateOut-of-Hospital Birth
- Published On 2/1/2017Selection bias and relationships between alcohol consumption and mortality.Addiction (Abingdon, England)read at PubMed