In September 2012, BU launched its first-ever public campaign, the Campaign for Boston University, with the ambitious goal of raising $1 billion over a five-year period. In Fall of 2015, the BU board of trustees voted to raise the campaign goal to $1.5 billion, and to extend its timeline to 2019.
This Past Year
- In celebration of SPH’s 40th anniversary, we held more than 40 alumni dinners and receptions, which were attended by more than 2,000 alumni across the country and the world.
- Giving to the Future of Public Health Fund rose by 19 percent.
- Since the campaign’s launch in 2010, seven members of the SPH community have established endowed student scholarships.
- BU’s annual Giving Day on April 6, 2016, generated more than $30,000 from more than 160 donations to SPH. As a school, we more than doubled our revenue from last year. Heather Pierce (SPH’02) generously matched Giving Day donations.
- Founding Chair of the former Department of Epidemiology & Biostatistics Theodore Colton retired after serving SPH for 36 years. Colton, along with Professor Adrienne Cupples, established the Colton-Cupples Visiting Scholars Fund in the Department of Biostatistics. Gifts in honor of Colton can be made to the Colton-Cupples Visiting Scholars Fund.
- On November 17, 2016, at the State Room in Boston, SPH held its first gala celebration in honor of the School’s 40th anniversary.