Diversity makes the fabric of our workplace richer, adds depth and range to our teaching and research and interest to our daily interactions. There are a broad range of diversities that we encounter every day, defined in many ways, but often categorized by gender, race/ethnicity, age, sexual orientation, disabilities & chronic illness, and, especially at BUSPH, national origin. BUSPH strives for an inclusive environment. Formal programs, however, are available through BUMC, BUSM, and BU.
BU/BUMC Resources related to Diversity:
BU Faculty Development and Diversity, BUSM DOM: Diversity
- Diversity Literature
- Resources for LGBT Faculty
- Resources for Under-Represented Minorities
- Voices of the Faculty: Observations on Diversity
- Web Resources on Diversity
- Resources for Women
- General Links relevant to Faculty Diversity and Inclusion
- Of special interest to racial and ethnic minority faculty and supporters
- BU Links to Organizations and Resources that support diversity
Excellence Through Diversity – Report of the Council on Faculty Diversity & Inclusion, BU 2008
- BU Faculty Climate Survey, Fall 2007– Summary reports of a university-wide survey about faculty work life initiated by the Council on Faculty Diversity and Inclusion.
- Excellence Through Diversity – Report of the Council on Faculty Diversity and Inclusion, BU 2008
- Columbia University Earth Institute ADVANCE Program
- Evidence of Unconscious Bias in Academic Settings (accessed through Harvard University Faculty Development site)
- Bibliography: Gender, Unconscious Bias & Stereotype Threat
- Bibliography: Research Productivity
Click here for recommended literature.