Mission of the SPH Faculty Development Program:
The mission of the SPH faculty development program is to increase the visibility and use of faculty development programs at the School and to expand programs to ensure optimal faculty participation.
Links to other BU Faculty Development websites
- BU Faculty Development and Diversity, BUSM DOM. A very useful site; covers most faculty development topics and is replete with references.
- Medical Education (OME) Faculty Development. This site is developed by the BUSM Medical Education Faculty Development Program to assist faculty and staff with increasing their teaching effectiveness by providing a central location for medical education information, self-paced quick tutorials on teaching, and educational career development strategies.
Charles River Campus:
- BU Associate Provost for Faculty Development. The APFD works with BU faculty to address issues related to professional advancement, career trajectory, work-life balance, and equity. Additional responsibilities touch on recruitment, retention, faculty salary, and satisfaction. Contact Julie Sandell, 617-358-5846617-358-5846, or her administrative assistant, Marta Hodgkins-Sumner, 617-358-4843617-358-4843, to set up an appointment. Any discussions are strictly confidential. Additional resources and advice for individual faculty members can be found in the Promotion section of this website.
- BU Center for Excellence & Innovation in Teaching: Faculty Development. The Center for Excellence & Innovation in Teaching was established in 2001 to promote and support exemplary teaching, to facilitate the continued professional development of faculty as teachers, and to introduce new faculty to the culture of excellence in teaching at Boston University. Their Faculty Development page provides links to New Faculty Orientation, workshops, tips, and guidelines on teaching.
- BU Faculty Central. Links to BU faculty resources related to research, professional development, teaching, navigating BU, benefits, health and wellness, and governance.