Campaign for BUSPH
In September 2012, BU launched its first-ever public campaign, the Campaign for Boston University, with the ambitious goal of raising $1 billion over a five-year period.
Here at SPH, we asked ourselves: how can we invest our expertise, our passion, and our resources to have the most impact? We decided to focus on four challenges to the public’s health:
- Ensuring everyone affordable, quality health care: Studying ways to improve how medical professionals care for patients, and how patients navigate their health care systems
- Creating a cleaner environment: Investigating environmental challenges in homes, schools, and workplaces, and using the findings to expand public knowledge and promote smarter policies
- Promoting health globally: Solving today’s global health problems and training the next generation of global health professionals
- Eliminating health disparities: Mobilizing and empowering communities to take control of their own health and working with those communities to determine which issues should be top priority
SPH’s Campaign goal is to raise $40 million from individuals who share this vision, to face these challenges and improve the health of people throughout the world. We have enlisted the support from alumni, faculty, staff, Dean’s Advisory Board members, students, individual philanthropists, and corporations and foundations to reach this goal.
As of Summer 2014, SPH has generated $30 million towards our goal – representing 75% – to help support student scholarship and faculty research.
Since the start of the Campaign, SPH has established six endowed scholarships:
- Community Scholars Scholarship Fund
- John P. Howe Scholarship Fund
- Lamstein Family/JSI Scholarship Fund
- Outstanding Scholars Fund
- Robert F. Meenan Scholarship Fund
- Tramuto Foundation International Scholarship Fund
Learn more about giving to the campaign and SPH.