MS in Environmental Health
Application Requirements Quick Reference List
- Standardized Test Scores
- Academic Transcripts or WES ICAP Evaluation (international applicants)
- Statement of purpose and objectives
- Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- CV or Résumé
- SOPHAS Application
- Proof of English Proficiency (international applicants)
- Supplemental Application
December 15, 2015
Bachelor’s degree attainment or work in progress. A bachelor’s degree must be conferred before beginning classes at SPH. Applicants should hold a degree in a field related to environmental health (i.e., a focused undergraduate program in biology, chemistry, physics, or engineering or a broader program in environmental sciences or public health) or must have completed substantial coursework in one of these fields.
Standardized Test Scores
GRE, GMAT or MCAT. Official valid test scores must have been taken within the last 5 years. Applicants may not waive this requirement.
Institution Code: 3101*
Department Code: Any
Reporting Code: P42-GS-99
Reporting Code: “SOPHAS”
In addition, international applicants must submit an English language proficiency exam. Applicants may submit the TOEFL or IELTS. TOEFL and IELTS exams are considered valid for two (2) years from the date the exam was administered.
If you are currently in a degree program, you are required to submit a current official transcript of courses completed and work in progress. If you are accepted for admission, a final official transcript after degree conferral must be submitted directly to Boston University prior to matriculation.
SPH reserves the right to reevaluate your application for admission upon receipt of the final official transcript.
Three (3) Letters of Recommendation
Statement of Purpose and Objectives
- Reason for studying environmental health
- Desired area of study within the department
- The anticipated value of environmental health training at BU to the candidate’s personal career plans
- Relevance of prior education and experience to pursuing this degree.
CV or Résumé
Upon receipt of your application from SOPHAS, you will be provided with a link to complete our brief supplemental application.
Dr. Jennifer Schlezinger