Visiting Professors & Scholars in Residence
Our Health Law & Bioethics Visiting Scholar:
- has access to all Boston University libraries
- may enroll in selected Health Law & Bioethics courses
- is provided with basic computer, telephone, and fax support, as well as office space
- may be involved with our teaching. The department is not able to provide travel or living expenses
Scholars interested in applying to be a visiting scholar in the department should:
- complete the Visiting Scholar Application.
- complete a letter of intent that describes in detail the project you intend to work on. If English is not your first language, please indicate your level of proficiency in speaking and writing English, so we may know the extent of your participation in courses, meetings, and lectures.
- your curriculum vitae
- two or three published articles (in English)
- a letter of support from your current institution or employer. This letter should confirm your interest and suitability for coming to the department as a visiting scholar, and state the benefit your work here would bring to your institution.
Mail the application, letter, and supporting documents at least six months prior to anticipated date of arrival to:
Michael A. Grodin, MD
Department of Health Law, Bioethics & Human Rights
Boston University School of Public Health
715 Albany Street
Boston, MA 02118