SPH Launches New and Improved Master of Science Programs
[VIDEO] Degrees in epidemiology, environmental health data analytics, health systems and services research, applied biostatistics, and public health nutrition begin in Fall 2017.
Professor Joins Wounded Warrior Project Board
Jonathan Woodson becomes new member of organization’s board of directors.
SPH Experts Call for ‘Culture of Health and Human Rights’
Mariner, Annas argue for a “human rights framework” to advance population health, in era of specialized medicine.
Many Adolescents Still Not Receiving HPV Vaccine
[VIDEO] Completion rate remains low; provider recommendation factor in vaccine acceptance.
In pursuit of public health and social justice.
As a national leader in training healthcare policymakers and managers, the Department of Health Law, Policy & Management (HLPM) helps students develop the expertise and tools they’ll need to meet the challenges facing today’s healthcare system. We offer rigorous, competency-based educational programs that include the country’s largest concentration of health law faculty and courses.
At the heart of HLPM lies an exceptional, multidisciplinary faculty that specializes in engaging teaching methods; active learning; and a wide variety of innovative research projects, including analyzing current Medicare and Medicaid policy, studying drug policy and regulation, and evaluating racial and ethnic variations in patient care.
HLPM faculty members are widely published experts in health law, bioethics, human rights, policy, health services, and economics and implementation science, and address real-world problems by serving as members of state, national, and international committees and task forces. They have received both national and global recognition.
Health Law, Policy & Management News
- Published On 1/1/2017What roles do middle managers play in implementation of innovative practices?Health care management reviewread at PubMed
- Published On 12/1/2016Using Harm-Based Weights for the AHRQ Patient Safety for Selected Indicators Composite (PSI-90): Does It Affect Assessment of Hospital Performance and Financial Penalties in Veterans Health Administration Hospitals?Health services researchread at PubMed
- Published On 11/28/2016Women''s Pathways to Abortion Care in South Carolina: A Qualitative Study of Obstacles and Supports.Perspectives on sexual and reproductive healthread at PubMed
- Published On 11/23/2016Patient-Centered Medical Home Implementation and Burnout Among VA Primary Care Employees.The Journal of ambulatory care managementread at PubMed
- Published On 11/22/2016HIV patient and provider feedback on a telehealth collaborative care for depression intervention.AIDS careread at PubMed
- Published On 11/22/2016Encouraging Patient Portal Use in the Patient-Centered Medical Home: Three Stakeholder Perspectives.Journal of medical Internet researchread at PubMed
- Published On 11/22/2016"It is easier for me to shoot up": stigma, abandonment, and why HIV-positive drug users in Russia fail to link to HIV care.AIDS careread at PubMed
- Published On 11/11/2016Evaluating the implementation of a national disclosure policy for large-scale adverse events in an integrated health care system: identification of gaps and successes.BMC health services researchread at PubMed
- Published On 11/1/2016Dental Care in an Equal Access System Valuing Equity: Are There Racial Disparities?Medical careread at PubMed
- Published On 11/1/2016Meeting the Challenge of the High-Need, High-Cost Population.Physical therapyread at PubMed