Providers Attribute Racial Healthcare Disparities to Social, Economic Conditions
Those who believe providers contribute to health disparities also more likely to confront issues of racism.
The Retirement of Justice Kennedy and the Future of Reproductive Rights
It obviously matters who the next Supreme Court justice is. But what should matter even more is deciding what kind of a country Americans want to live in.
Mantram Repetition Effective in Treating Veterans with PTSD
Individually delivered mantram repetition therapy more effective than present-centered therapy in reducing PTSD symptoms and insomnia in veterans.
2018 Convocation: ‘We Have the Power to Do More Together’
At 2018 SPH Convocation, Karen DeSalvo urged graduates to lead in building a more equitable world.
In pursuit of public health and social justice.
As a national leader in training healthcare policymakers and managers, the Department of Health Law, Policy & Management (HLPM) helps students develop the expertise and tools they’ll need to meet the challenges facing today’s healthcare system. We offer rigorous, competency-based educational programs that include the country’s largest concentration of health law faculty and courses.
At the heart of HLPM lies an exceptional, multidisciplinary faculty that specializes in engaging teaching methods; active learning; and a wide variety of innovative research projects, including analyzing current Medicare and Medicaid policy, studying drug policy and regulation, and evaluating racial and ethnic variations in patient care.
HLPM faculty members are widely published experts in health law, bioethics, human rights, policy, health services, and economics and implementation science, and address real-world problems by serving as members of state, national, and international committees and task forces. They have received both national and global recognition.
Health Law, Policy & Management News
- Published On 7/2/2018Factors That Predict the Use of Psychotropics Among Children and Adolescents With PTSD: Evidence From Private Insurance Claims.Psychiatric services (Washington, D.C.)read at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018Sleep Management Among Patients with Substance Use Disorders.The Medical clinics of North Americaread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018A Network Analysis of Sexually Transmitted Diseases and Online Hookup Sites Among Men Who Have Sex With Men.Sexually transmitted diseasesread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018The Importance of State Leadership: Lessons From Kentucky on Reducing Disparities in Insurance Coverage.American journal of public healthread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018The Nature and Severity of Adverse Events in Select Outpatient Surgical Procedures in the Veterans Health Administration.Quality management in health careread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018Integrative Physiology of Pneumonia.Physiological reviewsread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018The New US "Conscience and Religious Freedom Division": Imposing Religious Beliefs on Others.American journal of public healthread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018Association of State Laws Permitting Denial of Services to Same-Sex Couples With Mental Distress in Sexual Minority Adults: A Difference-in-Difference-in-Differences Analysis.JAMA psychiatryread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018The Internist''s Challenge: Addressing Our Patients'' Unhealthy Substance Use.The Medical clinics of North Americaread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2018Identifying and overcoming implementation challenges: Experience of 59 noninstitutional long-term services and support pilot programs in the Veterans Health Administration.Health care management reviewread at PubMed