mental health disorders
Abuse During Pregnancy Associated with Both Antenatal and Postnatal Depression
Interventions in antenatal care settings important to mitigate effects of intimate partner violence during both pregnancy and postpartum period.
Professor Honored by NIH
Jacob Bor selected to deliver Early Stage Investigator Lecture at National Institutes of Health Office of Disease Prevention on March 19.
access to medicines
Professor Meets with WHO Director-General
Veronika Wirtz discussed essential medicines access with Tedros Abhanom Gebreyesus on December 8.
Towards a Global Public Health
How the values of public health inform the work of global health, and why a global focus is essential in our uncertain, interconnected world.
Mothers should survive childbirth so they and their babies can flourish.
People with diabetes should have access to life-saving insulin.
HIV-positive moms and dads should live to enjoy their grandchildren.
Global health has achieved dramatic reductions in preventable illness, injury and death. But there is still much to do. Our faculty, staff, and students are at the forefront of the global push towards the world’s Sustainable Development Goals. We are looking forward and acting now to eliminate poverty, inequity, and preventable illness and death by 2030.
Research: We collaborate with communities, governments, scientists, and international development partners to improve the health of populations.
Students & Alumni: We train future global health leaders through classroom and field-based experiences. DGH alumni are working around the world: improving government policies, promoting social justice, and increasing access to education, economic opportunity, and health services.
Partnerships: Over two decades we have built partnerships in Boston, China, Ghana, India, Mexico Vietnam, South Africa, Zambia, and elsewhere. These relationships drive our research, advocacy, and commitment to the communities where we work.
Global Health News
Global Health Calendar
- Published On 1/11/2018Seasonal variations in tuberculosis diagnosis among HIV-positive individuals in Southern Africa: analysis of cohort studies at antiretroviral treatment programmes.BMJ openread at PubMed
- Published On 1/5/2018Similarity of chest X-ray and thermal imaging of focal pneumonia: a randomised proof of concept study at a large urban teaching hospital.BMJ openread at PubMed
- Published On 12/31/2017Access to asthma medicines at the household level in eight counties of KenyaInternational Journal of Tuberculosis and Lung Disease
- Published On 12/31/2017Why it works: Patients' insights into an mHealth antiretroviral therapy adherence intervention in ChinaOpen AIDS Journal
- Published On 12/18/2017The right combination - treatment outcomes among HIV-positive patients initiating first-line fixed-dose antiretroviral therapy in a public sector HIV clinic in Johannesburg, South Africa.Clinical epidemiologyread at PubMed
- Published On 12/14/2017Outcomes of a Coaching-Based WHO Safe Childbirth Checklist Program in India.The New England journal of medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 12/4/2017Analyzing implementation dynamics using theory-driven evaluation principles: lessons learnt from a South African centralized chronic dispensing model.BMC health services researchread at PubMed
- Published On 12/4/2017Assessing the association between changing NRTIs when initiating second-line ART and treatment outcomes.Journal of acquired immune deficiency syndromes (1999)read at PubMed
- Published On 12/1/2017Development and validation of a simplified algorithm for neonatal gestational age assessment - protocol for the Alliance for Maternal Newborn Health Improvement (AMANHI) prospective cohort study.Journal of global healthread at PubMed
- Published On 12/1/2017Disparities In Access: The Authors Reply.Health affairs (Project Hope)read at PubMed