Stress Disorders Increase Risk of Dementia
Even stress disorders not considered severe or chronic associated with higher dementia rates, particularly among men.
Professor Named Codirector of Cancer Center
Julie Palmer will help foster interdisciplinary research at BU-BMC center.
Professor Appointed Vice President of New England Fertility Society
Shruthi Mahalingaiah previously served on organization’s research committee.
Birth Weight Linked to Breast Cancer Risk in Black Women
African American women with particularly low or high birth weights, or born to older mothers, may be at increased risk of breast cancer.
The world needs answers.
How are health and disease affected by personal characteristics? Behavior? Geography? Time? These are the central questions of epidemiology, the foundation of public health. As epidemiologists, our answers form the basis for developing policies and interventions to protect and improve the health of populations.
The field of epidemiology has grown dramatically in scope and importance in recent decades. With increasing concerns about emerging infections, environmental hazards, and global health disparities, epidemiologists are playing key roles in an expanding range of public health issues. Our faculty members are experts in epidemiologic methods, chronic and infectious diseases epidemiology, and pharmacoepidemiology. We measure how social, behavioral, medical, infectious, and genetic factors relate to a wide range of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric outcomes, as well as conditions that accompany the aging process. We evaluate the interplay among environmental and societal conditions, psychosocial factors, and disease. And we quantify the risks and benefits of medications and other treatments.
- Published On 2/10/2019Single-number summary and decision analytic measures can happily coexist.Statistics in medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 2/1/2019Cardiovascular Safety During and After Use of Phentermine and Topiramate.The Journal of clinical endocrinology and metabolismread at PubMed
- Published On 1/10/2019Scrutinizing the cut-off for "pathological" meniscal body extrusion on knee MRI.European radiologyread at PubMed
- Published On 1/8/2019COMT and Alpha-Tocopherol Effects in Cancer Prevention: Gene-Supplement Interactions in Two Randomized Clinical Trials.Journal of the National Cancer Instituteread at PubMed
- Published On 1/8/2019Short-Term Effects and Long-Term Cost-Effectiveness of Universal Hepatitis C Testing in Prenatal Care.Obstetrics and gynecologyread at PubMed
- Published On 1/7/2019The Efficacy of a Lateral Wedge Insole for Painful Medial Knee Osteoarthritis after Prescreening:A Randomized Clinical Trial.Arthritis & rheumatology (Hoboken, N.J.)read at PubMed
- Published On 1/4/2019Efficacy and Effectiveness Too (EE2) Trials:Clinical Trial Designs to Generate Evidence on Efficacy and on Effectiveness in Wide Practice.Clinical pharmacology and therapeuticsread at PubMed
- Published On 1/3/2019The Role of Vitamins in Autism Spectrum Disorder: What Do We Know?Journal of molecular neuroscience : MNread at PubMed
- Published On 1/3/2019The influence of obesity-related factors in the etiology of renal cell carcinoma-A mendelian randomization study.PLoS medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 1/3/2019Circulating high sensitivity C reactive protein concentrations and risk of lung cancer: nested case-control study within Lung Cancer Cohort Consortium.BMJ (Clinical research ed.)read at PubMed