Association Found Between Atrial Fibrillation and Reduced Brain Volume
Heart problem is linked with smaller frontal lobe volume.
Public Health Research Reduced Smoking Deaths—It Could Do the Same for Gun Violence
What does it mean to view firearm violence as a public health problem?
Seeking Better Understanding of Breast Cancer in African American Women
Grant-funded, multi-site investigation will study genetic causes of racial disparities in breast cancer.
Alumna Receives Postdoctoral Epidemiology Award
Rose Radin awarded Lilienfeld Postdoctoral Prize Paper Award by Society for Epidemiology Research.
The world needs answers.
How are health and disease affected by personal characteristics? Behavior? Geography? Time? These are the central questions of epidemiology, the foundation of public health. As epidemiologists, our answers form the basis for developing policies and interventions to protect and improve the health of populations.
The field of epidemiology has grown dramatically in scope and importance in recent decades. With increasing concerns about emerging infections, environmental hazards, and global health disparities, epidemiologists are playing key roles in an expanding range of public health issues. Our faculty members are experts in epidemiologic methods, chronic and infectious diseases epidemiology, and pharmacoepidemiology. We measure how social, behavioral, medical, infectious, and genetic factors relate to a wide range of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric outcomes, as well as conditions that accompany the aging process. We evaluate the interplay among environmental and societal conditions, psychosocial factors, and disease. And we quantify the risks and benefits of medications and other treatments.
- Published On 8/1/2016Incident tuberculosis in HIV-positive children, adolescents and adults on antiretroviral therapy in South Africa.The international journal of tuberculosis and lung disease : the official journal of the International Union against Tuberculosis and Lung Diseaseread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2016Transfer function-derived central pressure and cardiovascular disease events: the Framingham Heart Study.Journal of hypertensionread at PubMed
- Published On 7/14/2016Global epidemiology of atrial fibrillation.Nature reviews. Cardiologyread at PubMed
- Published On 7/9/2016Structural effects of sprifermin in knee osteoarthritis: a post-hoc analysis on cartilage and non-cartilaginous tissue alterations in a randomized controlled trial.BMC musculoskeletal disordersread at PubMed
- Published On 7/8/2016Implementing an Ebola Vaccine Study - Sierra Leone.MMWR supplementsread at PubMed
- Published On 7/6/2016Plasma Fibroblast Growth Factor 23: Clinical Correlates and Association With Cardiovascular Disease and Mortality in the Framingham Heart Study.Journal of the American Heart Associationread at PubMed
- Published On 7/5/2016Gout.Annals of internal medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2016Reply.Arthritis care & researchread at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2016Low-dose Aspirin, Nonsteroidal Anti-inflammatory Drugs, Selective COX-2 Inhibitors and Breast Cancer Recurrence.Epidemiology (Cambridge, Mass.)read at PubMed
- Published On 7/1/2016Allopurinol Dose Reductions Based on Creatinine Alert Redesign System.The American journal of medicineread at PubMed