Searching for Cause of Morocco’s High Breast Cancer Rates
Practicum student Samantha Fortier analyzes Casablanca cancer registry data at Ibn Rochd University Hospital.
For Cancer Care, Building a Bridge from Boston to Cairo
Student Emily Auwarter evaluates teaching partnership between Dana Farber and Egyptian pediatric cancer hospital.
chronic kidney disease
Continuing Search for Causes of Kidney Disease in Central America
New research program will investigate epidemic of CKD among workers in El Salvador.
The US Opioid Epidemic
Overdose deaths have increased six-fold in the US since 1980. A Note about the ongoing opioid epidemic.
The world needs answers.
How are health and disease affected by personal characteristics? Behavior? Geography? Time? These are the central questions of epidemiology, the foundation of public health. As epidemiologists, our answers form the basis for developing policies and interventions to protect and improve the health of populations.
The field of epidemiology has grown dramatically in scope and importance in recent decades. With increasing concerns about emerging infections, environmental hazards, and global health disparities, epidemiologists are playing key roles in an expanding range of public health issues. Our faculty members are experts in epidemiologic methods, chronic and infectious diseases epidemiology, and pharmacoepidemiology. We measure how social, behavioral, medical, infectious, and genetic factors relate to a wide range of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric outcomes, as well as conditions that accompany the aging process. We evaluate the interplay among environmental and societal conditions, psychosocial factors, and disease. And we quantify the risks and benefits of medications and other treatments.
11:00 am- 1:00 pm
Doctoral Dissertation Defense - Jennifer LyonsT311E
1:00 pm- 3:00 pm
Doctoral Dissertation Defense - Inci YildirimT311E
12:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Doctoral Dissertation Defense - Bryan SpencerT311E
1:00 pm- 3:00 pm
Doctoral Dissertation Defense - Sheryl Gordon KlubergCT305
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Epidemiology Practicum Poster SessionT405E
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Epi Comprehensive Exam Q&ATBD
- Published On 8/11/2017A phased SNP-based classification of sickle cell anemia HBB haplotypes.BMC genomicsread at PubMed
- Published On 8/10/2017eGFR and Albuminuria in Relation to Risk of Incident Atrial Fibrillation: A Meta-Analysis of the Jackson Heart Study, the Multi-Ethnic Study of Atherosclerosis, and the Cardiovascular Health Study.Clinical journal of the American Society of Nephrology : CJASNread at PubMed
- Published On 8/10/2017With a biomechanical treatment in knee osteoarthritis, less knee pain did not correlate with synovitis reduction.BMC musculoskeletal disordersread at PubMed
- Published On 8/8/2017Assessment of Ki67 expression for breast cancer subtype classification and prognosis in the Nurses'' Health Study.Breast cancer research and treatmentread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2017Fifteen Genetic Loci Associated With the Electrocardiographic P Wave.Circulation. Cardiovascular geneticsread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2017Thigh Muscle Specific-Strength and the Risk of Incident Knee Osteoarthritis: The Influence of Sex and Greater Body Mass Index.Arthritis care & researchread at PubMed
- Published On 8/1/2017PCSK9 Loss-of-Function Variants, Low-Density Lipoprotein Cholesterol, and Risk of Coronary Heart Disease and Stroke: Data From 9 Studies of Blacks and Whites.Circulation. Cardiovascular geneticsread at PubMed
- Published On 7/31/2017Zidovudine use in pregnancy and congenital malformations.AIDS (London, England)read at PubMed
- Published On 7/27/2017Erratum: Large-scale analyses of common and rare variants identify 12 new loci associated with atrial fibrillation.Nature geneticsread at PubMed
- Published On 7/27/2017Caffeine decreases intermittent hypoxia in preterm infants nearing term-equivalent age.Journal of perinatology : official journal of the California Perinatal Associationread at PubMed