Type 2 Diabetes Associated with Increased Risk of Breast Cancer in Black Women
African American women with type 2 diabetes estimated to have 43 percent increase in risk of ER-negative breast cancer.
Professor Honored by Danish University
Kenneth Rothman received honorary doctorate from Aarhus University at event on September 15.
Cost-Saving Measures Can Offset Increasing ART Costs
Measures would reduce annual treatment costs for HIV/AIDS patients in South Africa by 2024.
framingham heart study
Game-Based Interventions Increase Physical Activity
Motivated by points, teams, levels, and prizes, families from Framingham Heart Study walked almost one extra mile per day.
The world needs answers.
How are health and disease affected by personal characteristics? Behavior? Geography? Time? These are the central questions of epidemiology, the foundation of public health. As epidemiologists, our answers form the basis for developing policies and interventions to protect and improve the health of populations.
The field of epidemiology has grown dramatically in scope and importance in recent decades. With increasing concerns about emerging infections, environmental hazards, and global health disparities, epidemiologists are playing key roles in an expanding range of public health issues. Our faculty members are experts in epidemiologic methods, chronic and infectious diseases epidemiology, and pharmacoepidemiology. We measure how social, behavioral, medical, infectious, and genetic factors relate to a wide range of reproductive, perinatal, and pediatric outcomes, as well as conditions that accompany the aging process. We evaluate the interplay among environmental and societal conditions, psychosocial factors, and disease. And we quantify the risks and benefits of medications and other treatments.
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Epi Comprehensive Exam Q&ATBD
9:00 am- 11:00 am
Epi-Biostats Certificate ILE Poster SessionHiebert Lounge
10:00 am- 3:00 pm
Epidemiology Comprehensive ExamL212/L214
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Epidemiology Practicum Poster SessionTalbot Building, 4E Hallway
12:00 pm- 1:00 pm
Tuesday Talk - Mollie WoodT311E
12:00 pm- 1:00 pm
Tuesday Talk - Chenelle HoweT311E
- Published On 12/1/2017Blood Lead Levels and Potential Risk Factors for Lead Exposures Among South Asians in New York City.Journal of immigrant and minority healthread at PubMed
- Published On 11/10/2017Prenatal diethylstilbestrol exposure and cancer risk in women.Environmental and molecular mutagenesisread at PubMed
- Published On 11/7/2017Genome-wide association study identifies a novel locus for cannabis dependence.Molecular psychiatryread at PubMed
- Published On 11/7/2017Neuropsychological functioning in military pesticide applicators from the Gulf War: Effects on information processing speed, attention and visual memory.Neurotoxicology and teratologyread at PubMed
- Published On 11/6/2017FOXP3+ regulatory T cells in normal prostate tissue, postatrophic hyperplasia, prostatic intraepithelial neoplasia, and tumor histological lesions in men with and without prostate cancer.The Prostateread at PubMed
- Published On 11/6/2017miRNA processing gene polymorphisms, blood DNA methylation age and long-term ambient PM2.5 exposure in elderly men.Epigenomicsread at PubMed
- Published On 11/3/2017Irisin and Leptin Concentrations in relation to Obesity, and Developing Type 2 Diabetes: a cross sectional and a prospective case-control study nested in the Normative Aging Study.Metabolism: clinical and experimentalread at PubMed
- Published On 11/2/2017Sugar-sweetened beverage intake associations with fasting glucose and insulin concentrations are not modified by selected genetic variants in a ChREBP-FGF21 pathway: a meta-analysis.Diabetologiaread at PubMed
- Published On 11/2/2017The Gastroschisis Puzzle: Where are We and What is Next?Paediatric and perinatal epidemiologyread at PubMed
- Published On 11/1/2017Effect of a Game-Based Intervention Designed to Enhance Social Incentives to Increase Physical Activity Among Families: The BE FIT Randomized Clinical Trial.JAMA internal medicineread at PubMed