Viewpoint: “Nobody Has More Respect for Women Than I Do”
Donald Trump’s “respect” claim throughout this election has belied both his misogyny and his lack of accountability.
Citing Professor, Labor Department Calls for Change
Seven studies by Les Boden cited in new Labor Department report on state workers’ compensation laws.
Probing Soda Company Sponsorship of Health Groups
Two largest soda companies sponsored at least 96 national health organizations from 2011 to 2015.
Weighing College Food Waste—and How to Fix It
[VIDEO] Alumnus Thomas Vu worked with Campus Kitchens Project to turn excess cafeteria food into meals for food-insecure Bostonians.
Complex issues require comprehensive solutions.
Only in the context of social and cultural factors can complex health issues be truly understood. From unhealthy behaviors to gender-based health differences, where and how we live profoundly impact public health concerns. At the Department of Community Health Sciences (CHS), we apply both social and behavioral sciences to enhance the health and well-being of communities and promote health equity.
Our faculty members represent a diversity of scholarly expertise. Among their many interests are improving the health and well-being of individuals, families, and communities; applying scientific theories and evidence from the field to develop interventions and policies tailored to diverse communities; teaching courses that emphasize assessment, intervention, communication, advocacy, and community-based research and practice; broadening student understanding of the factors that shape community health and how to improve it; exploring how disparities impact health in sexual and other minorities; and promoting social change.
Community Health Sciences News
Community Health Sciences Calendar
- Published On 10/1/2016Alcohol Consumption in Ugandan HIV-Infected Household-Brewers Versus Non-Brewers.AIDS and behaviorread at PubMed
- Published On 9/27/2016Alcohol Involvement in Homicide Victimization in the United States.Alcoholism, clinical and experimental researchread at PubMed
- Published On 9/26/2016Tapping Into Motivations for Drinking Among Youth: Normative Beliefs About Alcohol Use Among Underage Drinkers in the United States.Journal of health communicationread at PubMed
- Published On 9/12/2016Alcohol Policies and Suicide: A Review of the Literature.Alcoholism, clinical and experimental researchread at PubMed
- Published On 9/9/2016Fresh Start, a postpartum weight loss intervention for diverse low-income women: design and methods for a randomized clinical trial.BMC public healthread at PubMed
- Published On 9/6/2016Opioid Prescribing After Nonfatal Overdose and Association With Repeated Overdose.Annals of internal medicineread at PubMed
- Published On 9/5/2016Pilot and Feasibility Test of a Mobile Health-Supported Behavioral Counseling Intervention for Weight Management Among Breast Cancer SurvivorsJMIR Cancerread at Custom
- Published On 9/1/2016Massachusetts Health Reform''s Effect on Hospitals'' Racial Mix of Patients and on Patients'' Use of Safety-net Hospitals.Medical careread at PubMed
- Published On 9/1/2016Recent Increases in the U.S. Maternal Mortality Rate: Disentangling Trends From Measurement Issues.Obstetrics and gynecologyread at PubMed
- Published On 9/1/2016Amount of Televised Alcohol Advertising Exposure and the Quantity of Alcohol Consumed by Youth.Journal of studies on alcohol and drugsread at PubMed