Marijuana Use Associated with Cognitive Dysfunction in People with HIV
Negative cognitive effects seen in those who have alcohol or other drug use disorders.
TB as Major Cause of Death among Children Worldwide
Tuberculosis is leading infectious cause of death across globe, with nearly 1.8 million people dying annually of disease.
Possible Biomarker for Diagnosing CTE During Life Identified
Ability to diagnose CTE in living individuals will allow for research into prevention and treatment of disease.
Link Found Between Youth Football and Later-Life Impairments
Participation in youth football before age 12 increased risk of problems with behavioral regulation, apathy, executive functioning, and depression.
Data lead to answers.
Fundamental to public health research and policy, biostatistics is also one of the most interdisciplinary departments at Boston University School of Public Health. By designing studies, developing new methodologies, and extracting and analyzing information from data, we help inform decisions to promote better health.
Biostatistics faculty members are internationally recognized for methodological innovations in clinical trials and observational studies, statistical genetics analysis, and Bayesian methods. They have a long history of collaborating to address some of the world’s most pressing public health concerns, as well as training the next generation of students to tackle emerging public health and medical issues with cutting-edge methods and technological skills.
Areas in which we are active include genetic studies of risk factors for breast cancer; safety and efficacy assessments of a new Alzheimer’s disease drug; comparisons of patient outcomes with different behavioral interventions; and studies to identify genetic and non-genetic factors of healthy aging and extreme human longevity.
Affiliated Academic Programs:
9:00 am- 10:30 am
Biostatistics doctoral presentationsCT-462
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
BSA Student-Faculty SeminarCT-460
9:30 am- 11:00 am
Statistical Genetics Seminar SeriesCT305
4:00 pm- 5:00 pm
Clinical Trials Working GroupCT332
1:00 pm- 2:00 pm
Biostatistics doctoral presentationsCT-462A
9:30 am- 10:30 am
Biostats in Public Health DayCT-305
- Published On 11/17/2017Age at First Exposure to Repetitive Head Impacts Is Associated with Smaller Thalamic Volumes in Former Professional American Football Players.Journal of neurotraumaread at PubMed
- Published On 11/15/2017A Transcatheter InterAtrial Shunt Device for the Treatment of Heart Failure with Preserved Ejection Fraction (REDUCE LAP-HF I): A Phase 2, Randomized, Sham-Controlled Trial.Circulationread at PubMed
- Published On 11/14/2017Twelve-Month Outcomes of a Group-Randomized Community Health Advocate-Led Smoking Cessation Intervention in Public Housing.Nicotine & tobacco research : official journal of the Society for Research on Nicotine and Tobaccoread at PubMed
- Published On 11/14/2017Association Between Leukocyte Telomere Length and the Risk of Incident Atrial Fibrillation: The Framingham Heart Study.Journal of the American Heart Associationread at PubMed
- Published On 11/12/2017Genetic Predisposition, Clinical Risk Factor Burden, and Lifetime Risk of Atrial Fibrillation.Circulationread at PubMed
- Published On 11/11/2017Transcriptome-wide association study of inflammatory biologic age.Agingread at PubMed
- Published On 11/8/2017Clinical Utility of Select Neuropsychological Assessment Battery Tests in Predicting Functional Abilities in Dementia.Archives of clinical neuropsychology : the official journal of the National Academy of Neuropsychologistsread at PubMed
- Published On 11/8/2017Racial Differences in Patterns of Use of Rehabilitation Services for Adults Aged 65 and Older.Journal of the American Geriatrics Societyread at PubMed
- Published On 11/8/2017Blood pressure from mid- to late life and risk of incident dementia.Neurologyread at PubMed
- Published On 11/8/2017Bone material strength index as measured by impact microindentation in postmenopausal women with distal radius and hip fractures.Journal of bone and mineral research : the official journal of the American Society for Bone and Mineral Researchread at PubMed