Interested in a faculty-guided community that focuses on experiential learning and supports discovery beyond the classroom? If so, consider our Living-Learning Communities (LLCs). LLCs offer unique experiences through interdisciplinary/interprofessional collaboration, opportunities to work with faculty from across disciplines, direct advising and mentoring, and interactions that promote students’ intellectual development and foster community learning. Please note that LLC application and selection processes are competitive. Information about each of the many specialty community residences, including their specific entrance requirements, can be found on the residences page.
All students in good standing in Kilachand Honors College are eligible to live in the Kilachand Honors College House. Students with questions about their standing should contact Kilachand Honors College, 91 Bay State Road, Suite 115, Boston, MA 02215; phone: 617-358-5900; email: email@example.com
The specialty community residence program offers a broad range of floors and houses in which students with similar interests live, study, and socialize. It provides unique living environments to students who enjoy sharing intellectual, cultural, and social affinities. Specialty community houses and floors are communities created and continued by students with the support and involvement of faculty and staff. The exploration of academic disciplines and/or special interests is encouraged.
- Determine if you meet the criteria of your preferred specialty community residence as stipulated on the residences page.
- Complete the Specialty Community Residence Application/Re-Application form for each specialty community residence (house and/or floor) that interests you and whose requirements you meet. Some specialty community residences require additional written work; read the requirements and additional requirements carefully. If accepted, you’ll be eligible to select into your community during room selection.
- You will receive a confirmation e-mail when you submit your application. Retain a copy of the e-mail for your records:
- Click Here to Submit your Specialty and Living Learning Community Application for the 2021-2022 Academic Year.
(1) Room change offers and room assignments are made on a space-available basis. Approval for a specialty community residence indicates only that you are eligible to be offered a vacant space (in the case of a student requesting a room change) or assigned to a vacant space (in the case of a student returning from a study abroad or internship program for the Spring semester); it does not guarantee placement in such. Requests for specialty community residences from students with approval will be considered if there is available space.
(2) There is not an application for Kilachand Honors College Living-Learning Communities. Eligible students will see these residences as an option during room selection if space is available.