Sourcing & Procurement, in collaboration with Boston University’s School of Dental Medicine, has awarded Henry Schein Dental (Schein) with a preferred supplier status in exchange for additional discounts and new value-add services. After conducting a competitive bid process, earlier this fall, the cross-department team has awarded a three year contract to Schein, who offers an extensive inventory of dental supplies, dental equipment products and accessories, plus innovative dentistry related services designed to maximize efficiency and productivity. Brands offered through Schein include Covidien, Crosstex International, Integra, Heraeus, Coltene/Whaledent, Medicom, Medline, Roydent, Sultan Healthcare, and Sunstar Americas.
Contract benefits include:
- Educational pricing on a majority of brands offered through Henry Schein Dental
- Additional discounts on small equipment, film, anesthetic, alloy, and office supplies
- Free freight on all orders
- No restocking fee on commonly stocked items provided that the product is returned within one (1) year of purchase
- Comparable products that are replacing discontinued products will be priced using the same category discount
Direct Line: 1-800-651-2944 (ext. 4724)
For additional information regarding the contract, please contact David Wong at 617-358-6471.
Are you a new shopper who would like to get live instructions on shopping cart creation? Are you an old shopper who would like to learn new tricks? If so, you’re in luck. Four new hands-on workshops have been added to the training schedule; two on the Charles River Campus and two on the Medical Campus.
To note, there will be intermediate level courses added to the training schedule that will require the beginner course as a prerequisite. Don’t miss out on this opportunity to learn new skills that will help you shop more efficiently.
Accounts Payable cannot process your vendor’s invoice if the invoice does not match the purchase order which is automatically created from your shopping cart. By following a few simple guidelines when creating your shopping cart, you will save time downstream and will ensure that your vendor is paid promptly.
- Properly identify what you are ordering. If you are purchasing four different items, your shopping cart should have four lines (multiple quantities of the same item do not need separate lines).
- List the correct price. Vendor pricing changes over time – use one of the vendor catalogs in BUworks or contact your vendor directly to ensure you have the correct pricing in your shopping cart.
- Contact Sourcing & Procurement to process change orders. If your requirements change once you place your order contact a buyer in Sourcing and Procurement to amend the purchase order. Please do not make changes to the order by contacting the vendor directly.
There may be shipping delays due to the recent weather events. Please contact your supplier representative or contact Sourcing & Procurement to get updated shipping information.
Sourcing & Procurement has recently awarded a three year contract to Life Technologies for scientific products & services. Life Technologies (formerly Invitrogen and Applied Biosystems) is a provider of consumables, instruments, and services. Brands offered through Life Technologies are Invitrogen, Applied Biosystems, Ambion, Gibco, TaqMan, Ion Torrent, Molecular Probes, and Novex.
Contract Benefits Include:
- Additional product discounts
- Growth incentives program that allows for additional discounts
- Price protection (2012 prices held firm through January 1, 2014)
- No increase for fuel shipping fees throughout the contract
- Free freight for primers and assays
Consumables: David Spezzano or 617-640-7579
Instrumentation: Marcus Guerrero or 508-562-7847
For additional information regarding the contract, please contact Bob Simboli at 617-353-8753.
The Sourcing & Procurement office has partnered with IS&T to schedule and host shopping cart training sessions. To view the most up-to-date training schedule, visit the IS&T training calendar.
For immediate training needs, email Ike Babbitt.
Boston University has entered into an agreement with Dunbar Armored to provide armored car services for the University. Dunbar provides secure transport of cash, coin, checks and other securities between the University and its financial institutions. The master services contract assures competitive and consistent pricing for all BU departments and provides processes and procedures for the safe handling of cash and other securities. Departments that are interested in setting up service should contact the cashier’s office at 617-353-3896.
For a copy of the BU contracted pricing, contact Keith Haran of Sourcing & Procurement.
Dunbar Armored Flier
Olympus America provides research and clinical microscopes, medical and surgical products, life science imaging systems, along with other innovative audio and visual equipment. Boston University will receive an additional 1-3% discount from previously contracted pricing on Olympus products, extended warranties, and repair services during this two year contract. The contract also includes setup and installation at no-charge. For more information on pricing and products, contact Patricia Molyneux.
Carl Zeiss offers complete microscopy and imaging solutions for biomedical research. The renewal of this contract will allow Boston University to continue receiving a 5-10% discount on a wide range of high quality Zeiss instruments. Their product line spans from high resolution AxioCam cameras to their super resolution ELYRA microscopy systems. For more information on pricing and products, contact Doug Fishkind.
Please save the date for the Fisher Scientific Vendor Show on September 19th from 11:30-1:30! The show will be held on the Charles River Campus at 24 Cummington Street, 1st floor. Lunch will be served and there will be raffles and giveaways! Come see what new products are available to help save you time and money with your research!Fisher Supplier Show Flyer
Save more money by purchasing directly through Fisher Scientific for order requirements with BD Biosciences, GE Healthcare, Promega, and Millipore. Fisher Scientific provides contracted discounts, no shipping or handling charges, and no ice / hazardous material fees.
*Non catalog part numbers starting with NC or 50 may incur freight and handling charges and could be available at a lower price by purchasing direct from the supplier.
For more information, contact:
Steve Chase – Sales Representative / 617-308-5880
Kalvin Chin – On Site Specialist / 617-358-4322Fisher Flyer