Sociology professor Japonica Brown-Saracino has published her second book, How Places Make...
How do I change to or declare a Major/Minor in Sociology?
How do I receive transfer credit for a Sociology course I've taken outside of BU/with a study abroad program?
- Courses taken online are only transferable for credit for SO 100
- Courses are NOT transferable for 400-level credit, regardless of the level of the course taken.
- Sociology does not accept transfer credit for the required Sociological Theory or Sociological Methods courses. These courses MUST be taken in the department.
- Only one Metropolitan College Course is transferable per student, at no higher than the 200-level.
- CGS Students can receive SO 100 credit if they have taken the SS 101 and 102 courses. Students who have taken SS 101 and 102 should NOT register for SO 100, 104, 108 or 115.
- Core Curriculum Students can receive SO 100 credit if they have taken CC 203 and 204. Students who have taken CC 203 and 204 should NOT register for SO 100, 104, 108 or 115. Students would also receive WR 150 (writing division requirement) for this CC class.
- Sociology Majors and Minors must pass all courses with a “C” or higher.
How can I be assigned an advisor in Sociology?
Students outside of CAS cannot be formally assigned a Sociology Advisor (because of the limits of the technology system). However all students are welcome to visit faculty members during their office hours or to message the Undergraduate Program Coordinator or Director of Undergraduate Studies with advising questions.
How do I get in touch with my advisor?
How do I register for classes/receive my Registration Code?
What is the Honors Thesis/Work for Distinction Program?
What courses are being offered this term/next term?
Have a question that isn’t answered below?
Director of Undergraduate Studies – Professor Japonica Brown-Saracino
Undergraduate Program Coordinator – Hannah Walters
Main Office Phone Number – 617-353-2591