Tips to a Better Credit Score
- Pay down your debt, beginning with items that charge the highest interest.
- Avoid late payments.
- If you’re having trouble paying a bill on time, call them and request a modification.
- Generally, it is considered good to have established credit accounts, but don’t carry an excessive number of credit cards.
- When you close unused credit accounts, request written confirmation that the account has actually been closed.
- Stay away from “too-good-to-be-true” offers.
- Routinely monitor your credit report.
- Make a realistic monthly spending plan and stick to it.
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”