Tips to a Better Credit Score
- Pay down your debt starting with cards that charge the highest interest, but continue to make on-time payments on any other cards you may have.
- Stop charging new items and pay more than the minimum required
- Avoid late payments.
- If you’re having trouble paying a bill on time, call them and request a modification.
“The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.”
- Don’t carry an excessive number of credit cards.
- Stay away from “too-good-to-be-true” offers.
- Routinely monitor your credit report.
- Make a realistic monthly spending plan and stick to it.