LESA offers research opportunities for graduate and undergraduate students.
LESA provides a number of funded Graduate Research Assistantships and Fellowships available to qualified applicants. These positions are awarded annually and include tuition remission and monthly cash stipend. Candidates will be selected from current and future students via the admissions process in the College of Engineering. Please visit the ECE website for complete information on graduate programs.
Qualified candidates are sought with potential for engaging in research in the areas of Photonics, Wireless Communications, Computer Networking, Circuit Design, and Embedded Systems.
Spring and Summer funded research opportunities
LESA typically interviews for 5-8 undergraduate research openings after the ECE Research Open House in January. The application process involves submitting a resume and research interests, followed by interviews by the existing team. Offered positions begin June 1 of each year. LESA funds for the summer period corresponding to STARS (housing) for 10 weeks (June 1 through early August). Some students continue to do research at up to 10 hours per week during the school year.
There are a variety of ways to engage in research in Smart Lighting.
- Explore the Smart Lighting Engineering Research Center Website for more opportunities.
- Participate in the BU ECE Research Open House to be considered for spring and summer funded research opportunities.
- Apply for SURF, UROP, and REU opportunities at Boston University
- Join an interdisciplinary senior design team focused on a topic in smart lighting
- Engage in the School of Management/College of Engineering joint entrepreneurial summer program (to be announced) focused on opportunities in smart lighting
- Engage with our outreach partners (Morgan State, Rose-Hulman, Howard) in smart lighting research linked to the core projects.