Request a Wellness Program
Below is a list of wellness programs offered through Student Health Services. If you would like a presentation or program for your classroom, student organization, residence hall, or any other BU organization, please complete the online request form. If you have trouble with the request form, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
At BU Wellness & Prevention Services, we offer a variety of programs, including:
- Stress Buddy Learn how to soar above stress from your peers, the Student Health Ambassadors.
- Shatter Stress Learn about potential stressors associated with college and how to deal with stress!
- Keep Your Sleep Learn about how healthy sleep habits affect every aspect of your life, including academics, memory, emotional control, and stress levels.
- Sexpert 101 Our sexperts can answer any questions about sex, ranging from the difference between male and female orgasms, how alcohol impacts sexual functioning, how to talk to your partner or health care provider about this personal topic, and, of course, sexually transmitted infections.
- Coffee Talk: Relationship Chats We have many relationships in our lives: family, friends, roommates, romantic partners, and effective communication is essential to them all. Learn healthy communication techniques so that you can maintain all of your relationships.
- Consent Is Sexy Talk with our sexperts about what consent is and why it is important.
- Creating SMART Goals Setting SMART goals and objectives is a powerful tool that is helpful in school and after graduation. Sit down for an hour today and get in the know about your personal, professional, and financial goals.
- No One Wants to Be the Smelly Kid Learning how to maintain personal hygiene is important for your physical health as well as your social health.
- Drinking Without Drunking Enjoy your drink and be safe, too. Get the lowdown on a variety of alcohol-related topics, including responding to alcohol emergencies, physiological effects of alcohol, blood alcohol content (BAC), social host issues, and how to moderate consumption.
- Kick BUtts Meet one-on-one or with a small group with our wellness team to talk about quitting or join our weekly drop-in workshop. Quitting smoking is probably one of the most difficult lifestyle changes there is—get help and quit today!
- Dining with the Doctor Meet Dr. Mark Weber and discover answers to your health questions! He will meet with you in any one of the dining halls to have an open health discussion about anything health related.
- Dining Diligently Request a talk about any nutritional topic, including portion control, smart snacking, eating on the run, vegetarianism, food labels, and just about anything else.
If you are interested in a wellness topic that is not listed, please let us know what you are looking for and we will either create a program or put you in touch with the relevant people/department(s) on the BU campus.
To get started, simply complete this FORM!