Schedule an Appointment
Substance Use Assessment or BASICS
To schedule an appointment please call Wellness and Prevention Services at (617) 358-0485. If you were referred by Judicial Affairs or Residence Life you should have your letter with you when you call and must bring it to your first appointment.
What you need to know about your appointment:
- Please arrive 10 minutes early and complete the paperwork in the waiting area marked “for AOD referrals.”
- Our Substance Use Assessment and BASICS visits typically consists of two to three 50-minute meetings. The initial appointment and second appointment are usually set two weeks apart.
- In addition to helping you explore your use of substances our clinical experts will also talk with you about any personal mental health concerns you may have.
Where to go:
- BU Wellness and Prevention Office, 930 Commonwealth Avenue, 1st Floor The building is located right on Commonwealth Avenue, near the corner of Pleasant Street and next to the School of Hospitality Administration. Please enter through the glass doors at the 930 Commonwealth Avenue entrance and proceed down the hallway to your right. BU Wellness & Prevention Services will be on the left side (immediately before BU’s Sexual Assault and Response Prevention Center).
CHOICES Alcohol Education Class
CHOICES is our 90-minute alcohol education class for any student who is interested in learning more about how alcohol affects their body and wants to reflect on their personal use.
What you need to know about CHOICES:
- Class locations and times vary; please pay particular attention to this information when selecting a class
- Class begins promptly, there is no late admittance
- You cannot attend a class without going through the sign-up process
If you need to cancel or reschedule your class date, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. We request a 24-hour notice to cancel or reschedule your class.
If you are scheduling a service as part of a Boston University judicial requirement, please be sure to check your judicial letter and select the correct service before scheduling.
Wellness & Prevention Services are NOT available for the purpose of completing a court-mandated or lawyer recommended assessment. Paperwork cannot be provided for this purpose.