You may use Student Health Services if you are:
- A full-time BU student, regardless of your insurance choice.
- A student who participates in at least 75 percent of the full-time curriculum.
- Any student with the Student Health Insurance Plan.
- A summer student or a participant in one of the high school summer programs.
How to Make an Appointment
Appointments are required for most medical services and are easy to make!!
Certain appointments are also available online through Patient Connect
- Patient Connect gives you online access to schedule and cancel certain appointments with the click of a button.
- Call Student Health Services (SHS) at 617-353-3575 to schedule an appointment. *Please have your UID number ready.
- SHS will book appointments up to 3 days in advance and we keep approximately half our appointments for same-day booking.
- SHS has walk-in appointments for URGENT problems (i.e., lacerations or chest pains).
Physicals and Immunizations Appointments
- Physicals, Immunization, and Travel Visits can be scheduled online via Patient Connect.
- Appointments for Immunizations and Physicals can be made for Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Please call Monday to schedule these appointments.
Speak with a Nurse
- If you would like to speak with a nurse at SHS to discuss your symptoms or medications, please call SHS and press 5 on the choices menu or call 617-353-3577. You may leave a message and a nurse will call you back the same day.
- You can also reach a nurse online by going to Patient Connect and clicking “messages.” Some basic problems can be managed through this system (refills and uncomplicated medical issues).
- Call the Behavioral Medicine Department (SHS) at 617-353-3569 to schedule an appointment. *Please have your UID number ready. You will be asked whether you have been seen at Behavioral Medicine in the past, and if you wish to meet with a clinician who is able to prescribe medication.
- If you are in need of more urgent care, please indicate this when calling for an appointment. You may request a conversation the same day with a clinician who can evaluate urgency and schedule you for an earlier appointment as needed.
- Emergency services are available 24/7/365 through 617-353-3569.
Wellness & Prevention Services (Including Alcohol)
- If your visit is required by the University for alcohol, marijuana, or an other substance, you can schedule an appointment by contacting 617-358-0485.
- If you would like to schedule an appointment to talk with someone about alcohol or drug use, you can schedule an appointment through by contacting 617-358-0485.